TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is Southern?

1. Default Re: Where is Southern?

I have to agree with this. Unless there is a question and Answer session with the audience I expect we wont get more than 10% of the time here.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    A big-name coach who is starting a program and is in town to begin with for the event? Not all that surprising. For all you know it may just be a blurb at the end of the show.

I'd expect them to spend about 50% of the time talking about UGA, about 25% of the time on Tech, about 15% of the time on college football topics not related to any of the three teams, and about 10% on Georgia State.

Default Re: Where is Southern?

Before I say this I want to qualify my comment....... This is not a smack comment.

I HAVE NEVER IN 45 YEARS ACTUALLY SEEN A GEORGIA STATE SHIRT.

I do not hang out in Atlanta a lot but I go there a good bit. At Braves games I might see 100 different high school and college clothing but never a Georgia State.

State has some things going for them but by and large they are in a tremendous up hill climb.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

3. Default Re: Where is Southern?

I see a lot of them around town, especially downtown. midtown and east atlanta. But it is an uphill climb. But then again, as much as I fly to Florida, this is the first year I have seen multiple USF t-shirts and baseball caps worn by passengers at Hartsfield. So we just have to keep plugging away.

Quote Originally Posted by gudp1 View Post
    Before I say this I want to qualify my comment....... This is not a smack comment.

I do not hang out in Atlanta a lot but I go there a good bit. At Braves games I might see 100 different high school and college clothing but never a Georgia State.

State has some things going for them but by and large they are in a tremendous up hill climb.

4. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I see a lot of them around town, especially downtown. midtown and east atlanta. But it is an uphill climb. But then again, as much as I fly to Florida, this is the first year I have seen multiple USF t-shirts and baseball caps worn by passengers at Hartsfield. So we just have to keep plugging away.
    Comparing yourselves to USF now? Really? I mean....no way....REALLY?

5. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by AcworthEagle View Post
    They've managed to hire a washed up coach with a losing record, rent out a facility much too big for their needs, and schedule titans of division 2. Clearly they're on the way to big things.

6. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Dont lose it! I am saying, 6 or 7 years ago most people had no idea USF existed. They were a non-descript urban school in south Florida. I travel to south Florida anywhere from 3 to 6 times a year. Gator and Hurricane gear are thenorm and always have been. Now you actually see USF gear which to me was a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by AcworthEagle View Post

7. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by gudp1 View Post

Before I say this, I want to say it also is not a smack comment. I was at the Braves game yesterday, and saw THREE different GSU shirts, one being the brand new Panther logo worn by seriously one of the hottest girls I've seen in a long time, and that says something considering the amount of talent at GSU.

Anyway, carry on.

8. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Well we could have hired some no name assistant and played in high school stadium but hey we'll leave that to you guys.

Like we would have gotten all those FBS transfers with Monken or whatever his name is and playing at Morris Brown. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    They've managed to hire a washed up coach with a losing record, rent out a facility much too big for their needs, and schedule titans of division 2. Clearly they're on the way to big things.

9. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    I know two Ga. State alum that had no idea they were starting a team until I told them on Memorial Day.
    AHAHAHA!!! My favorite post of this thread so far! I can totally see how this could happen. If your friend is blind, deaf, under house arrest and has no access to TV or radio, yeah, it's quite possible, LOL!!!

Default Re: Where is Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    Pardon but your friend cannot either a) live in Atlanta and/or b) be a football fan. I mean, anybody who follows football and lives here knows. Must be one of those "Atlantans" that live in Dawsonville or Lovejoy. Every time and I mean every time I wear a GSU t-shirt or sweatshirt someone whether it's a cashier or cop or a passer-by, asks me about Coach Curry or when our first game is. But your intention isnt to make a considered opinion. You guys hate Atlanta and its residents. So stop hiding behind artifice and made up "I know a guy "stories and tell the truth in all your small minded, small town Mayberry glory. It's not our fault your best days are behind you and we will not be held back by YOUR failures.
    Why does every idiot think because GSU is located in Statesboro so does all its fans? News flash you are allowed to move out of the city limits of the university you attended, like most GaState students do that value at least semi responsible government leadership and personal safety. Second news flash, nearly half of all GSU students come from the ATL metro area. I bet most of the posters on here do not even live in Statesboro.

Also it does not matter one iota where a school is located as far as winning or growth. I can name countless FBS, FCS and DIV II schools that are highly successful that are located in the middle of nowhere. Available talent is number one and there is enough in GA to spread around. Your lame outdated "redneck" and "podunk" insults are mentally lazy, played out and lame.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.