TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Players coming back for Summer

Default Re: Players coming back for Summer

Per the Statesboro Herald, three true freshmen are already working out with the team. Marcus Brown, Jerick McKinnon, and Marcus Howton.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: Players coming back for Summer

Robert Brown is there!

Quote Originally Posted by Perkins53 View Post
    Robert Brown is there!
    Excellent. He is going to be a player to watch. I feel pretty sure he is not going to be redshirted, and will contribute from day one.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

4. Default Re: Players coming back for Summer

Right you are Eagle22......wait until you see what kind of shape this young man is in! I have never seen a high school player work as hard as he has the last 5 months....he increased his gpa 2 points...92 to 94 and incresed his ACT by 2 points, as well as weight lifting 5 days per week with conditioning and running added in to increase speed. His measurables last month were 6'-0 1/2" and 205 lbs, and trust me, he is cut! When alot of seniors slack off their last semester, he was out working harder than ever!

Did Robert Brown have any offers other than GSU? He seems like he was a steal for us with the numbers he was able to put up in high school.

6. Default Re: Players coming back for Summer

He did have other offers...but the OL coach at Westside H.S. is a Georgia Southern Alum and former player and he got Robert to visit Ga. So.
    Robert fell in love with his visit and felt like it was close to where family and friends could see him play...Robert loves the tradition of Ga. So. and loved the academics especially in the field he wants to major in.
    One of the things that hurt Robert, was the GHSA had him listed as a junior and not a senior......so some big D1 schools weren't on him yet...
    Florida was on him until Mack Brown committed to them and that was the only RB they were taking.....Tennessee was on him until Kiffen up and left.....Clemson wanted him, but offered him as a LB and he wants to play RB.....Murray St., App. St. offered as well......But he just fell in love with Georgia Southern!

Thanks for the info Perkins...I'm looking forward to seeing him play as I hope he becomes the next great back at GSU.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu6294 View Post
    I know Willie Burden is here, he called me to ask if I was going to renew my young alumni package. Yes, I know he is a local. But he is doing football activities.
    I always get a female from the other sports calling me.
    Birds Fly in Flocks,<br />Eagles Soar Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Perkins53 View Post
    Right you are Eagle22......wait until you see what kind of shape this young man is in! I have never seen a high school player work as hard as he has the last 5 months....he increased his gpa 2 points...92 to 94 and incresed his ACT by 2 points, as well as weight lifting 5 days per week with conditioning and running added in to increase speed. His measurables last month were 6'-0 1/2" and 205 lbs, and trust me, he is cut! When alot of seniors slack off their last semester, he was out working harder than ever!
    Apparently he also grew an inch since February when he was reported at 5'11 1/2 on our "meet the recruits" page.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Was Brown recruited to play A-back or fullback?
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.