TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players coming back for Summer

Default Players coming back for Summer

Since I'm not in the Boro, it's hard for me to know/see this. When do the majority of players start "volunteering" to come back and do workouts and drills on the practice field? I'm sure they get a break after Spring semester. But when do most come back?
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

Default Re: Players coming back for Summer

If they want to play, I would bet $$ they will be on campus and enrolled for the summer session. This would apply to in coming freshmen also.
    Everyday is a GREAT day to be an EAGLE

I don't see how the incoming freshmen could enroll in Term A. Most probably have not graduated from high school yet. I would hope that the upperclassmen are there though.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Do the players have to pay for their own classes in the summer?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I don't see how the incoming freshmen could enroll in Term A. Most probably have not graduated from high school yet. I would hope that the upperclassmen are there though.
    I don't know when Term A begins, however, I know that locally up here there were lots of graduations this past weekend. So there could be a handful of freshmen out there. I agree it is more likely to see them later in the summer though.
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

I would think that those on scholarship would not, but have not ever asked anyone.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Ralze34 View Post
    I don't know when Term A begins, however, I know that locally up here there were lots of graduations this past weekend. So there could be a handful of freshmen out there. I agree it is more likely to see them later in the summer though.
    It started last week. So I would bet most of the incoming freshmen would be enrolled for Term B.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I looked it up. Term B starts on June 22nd. So I'm sure most players will be taking classes that term to make it easier to schedule for Fall Semester.

I'm sure that a lot of the players will be there before then. I'm thinking that the coaches can't really make anything manditory if they aren't in class, but as much work as they are saying is needed, my guess is they are "suggesting" that the guys be there as much as possible during the summer. And as someone else mentioned, if they are wanting to play come Sept 4, then they probably need to be seen in the weight room and running as much as they can.
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

Incoming freshman can enroll in Term B. There is a program that allows incoming freshman that had a good GPA, but not SAT scores to take classes at B term before they can be fully admitted into the university. They can't take A term because it begins before most of them finish high school.

I would think most of the incoming freshman players would want to take B term classes and hit the weight room every day they can. With the likely possibility that some of them might see the field in the fall, not coming to B term for voluntary workouts could seriously bury you on the depth chart.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Sometime before June 20th (dorm check-in for term B) all the freshmen should be on campus. I would imagine that anybody who plans on playing next year never left.