TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Editing posts

1. Default Editing posts

E22,

Can we no longer edit our posts once they're submitted? I have a tendancy to make typos and I just noticed that I can't seem to go back and edit one of my posts. Thanks.

That's interesting. I thought we could.

I'm only posting this to look.

EDIT - I can definitely edit mine.

You can edit.

After you submit the post look at the bottom right hand corner of you post and you'll see an "edit" button next to "quote" and the other icons.

Now, my question is can we no longer delete a post?

4. Default

I think you can see the edit button immediately after you post a message, but you lose that ability once you click on another page. I can't see an edit button on any of my older posts.

I just tried it and I was able to edit this post after clicking on another link. So maybe the deal is that you can't edit a post once someone has replied to it.

I think that might be it. there would be some people who try to edit the post to make it be significantly different after someone replied.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

I'll look into it ... I think the setting is that you can't edit your post after so many minutes ... it may be 10 or 30 ... I can't recall ..
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

7. Default

I'm sure there's a good reason for preventing editing, but I think sometimes people have an appropriate level of poster's remorse. Might be better if they could at least delete the content of a post they regret.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I'll look into it ... I think the setting is that you can't edit your post after so many minutes ... it may be 10 or 30 ... I can't recall ..

It is 30. I am horrible about proofreading my posts and usually catch mistakes after I post.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Can you edit the title of a thread? I have a typo that I would really like to get rid of. Thanks

Is there any way that we can get unlimited editing?

It would be a nice thing to have to keep the online dynasty thread organized when I make it.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Default Re: Editing posts

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    Is there any way that we can get unlimited editing?

It would be a nice thing to have to keep the online dynasty thread organized when I make it.

The settings for editing have been adjusted.

Edits may now be performed at any time. Post deletions cannot be performed by the user. Complete erasure of a post via an edit is fine.

In concert with this change, we have modified the parameter which notes whether a post has been edited or not.

You will have a two minute window to edit a post w/o a permanent edit notation being attached. All posts edited after this time frame will be stamped as edited.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Default Re: Editing posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    The settings for editing have been adjusted.

Edits may now be performed at any time. Post deletions cannot be performed by the user. Complete erasure of a post via an edit is fine.

In concert with this change, we have modified the parameter which notes whether a post has been edited or not.

You will have a two minute window to edit a post w/o a permanent edit notation being attached. All posts edited after this time frame will be stamped as edited.
    This is how it should be.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.