TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Johnson

Default Paul Johnson

What was Paul Johnson thinking throwing four straight in-completions with 1:30 left in the game ... from the forty seven yard line??? Cant remember him ever making worse playcalls.

Default Re: Paul Johnson

He should be fired. 10 wins for the powerhouse that is Tech warrants a dismissal.

I was thinking the same thing. He had the momentum. I'm sure it was something that they must've seen on film and were waiting for the moment to put to use. Obviously, it didn't work out. Sometimes great coaches look like infallible geniuses, but every so often they appear human.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan95 View Post
    What was Paul Johnson thinking throwing four straight in-completions with 1:30 left in the game ... from the forty seven yard line??? Cant remember him ever making worse playcalls.

ef:

I was kinda wondering why PJ went to long passes when he still had time on the clock for more 3/O plays, but I'm sure he had his reasons. Apparently he didn't think the running game would have time to get to the end zone before time expired.

And, IF the receiver had caught that last pass, which was perfectly thrown, should have been caught, and would have gotten GT a first down we might not be having this discussion as GT would have had 4 new downs and who knows?

I thought the GT offensive game was actually fine, it was the absolute abysmal defense that lost that game.... Never seen such poor tackling, and UGA ran the same plays over and over with the same guy and the results were always positive for UGA..

Man, hope PJ can shore up that defense in the off season because it was embarrassing weak.

But I enjoyed seeing the triple option, it's a fan's offense to watch and enjoy.

Jesse
    Laus Deo

PJ played the percentages. Even if they got 9 yards a carry, the clock would have killed them. Dwyer's fat azz killed them on that fumble.

Even if he did complete one of the bombs and got a quick score UGA would still have enough time to score with the way they were plowing through techs defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
    Even if he did complete one of the bombs and got a quick score UGA would still have enough time to score with the way they were plowing through techs defense.
    No. thUGA was scoring on the run. Fire Marshall Bill would have been done.

I also wondered why they threw four straight times. Oh well, Navy didn't do so well, either. Bad day for the Georgia Southern Triple Option.

April is Autism Awareness Month

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan95 View Post
    I to questioned it but then it made sense, he threw 3 deep incpmpletions to the right side. then on 4th down Nesbit once again looked long to the right then threw left to a wide open receiver 12 yards away. That was also their best WR and he was wide open. PJ knew what he was doing the entire time and if that guy catches the ball, he goes back to running it I think.

yeah 99 out of 100 times Thomas catches that ball.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.