TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Public place in Paulson Stadium to Honor GSU all stars?

Default Public place in Paulson Stadium to Honor GSU all stars?

There have been a few threads over the years about retiring Hill, Gross, Foster's jerseys and probably a few more. While that is something we can debate at another time. I feel that I am not alone in thinking that we need a better way to publicly "show off" some of the GSU all stars / hall of famers that have played in Paulson Stadium. I feel that this is simply something that MUST be done. There is no reason to not have some sort of "wall" or area or way to show what these amazing players did for our school.

Anyone have any ideas of ways we could honor the all time greats at Georgia Southern?

One suggestion I read recently would be that the retired jerseys on the pressbox stay there, but we add jerseys that are not retired such as Hill's and Fosters but have them in white rather than in blue to show the distinction.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Public place in Paulson Stadium to Honor GSU all stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    There have been a few threads over the years about retiring Hill, Gross, Foster's jerseys and probably a few more. While that is something we can debate at another time. I feel that I am not alone in thinking that we need a better way to publicly "show off" some of the GSU all stars / hall of famers that have played in Paulson Stadium. I feel that this is simply something that MUST be done. There is no reason to not have some sort of "wall" or area or way to show what these amazing players did for our school.

Anyone have any ideas of ways we could honor the all time greats at Georgia Southern?

One suggestion I read recently would be that the retired jerseys on the pressbox stay there, but we add jerseys that are not retired such as Hill's and Fosters but have them in white rather than in blue to show the distinction.

Thoughts?
    I suggested that a few years ago on this board and many thought it was a good idea. I still think it is a good idea. We've got lots of All-Americans that are highlighted in the Parrish Building, but not many fans ever go there. The stadium is the place to do that.

3. Default Re: Public place in Paulson Stadium to Honor GSU all stars?

God forbid we add anything else to attract attention to that hideous, hideous sheet metal.

Maybe randomly throughout the concourse, like at the concession areas, a White Jersey and a plaque talking about their accomplishments.

Hill, Gross, Foster, Austin, Giff, Freddy P, Morhing

And maybe a special place somewhere to honor Earthwind, Kiwaukee, AP, etc who have had multiple NFL seasons.

Could add some history to Paulson.

But for goodness sakes can we A. Get a new Daktronics sign? B. Replace that horrid sheetmetal. C. Get new NC flags?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangsu View Post
    God forbid we add anything else to attract attention to that hideous, hideous sheet metal.

Maybe randomly throughout the concourse, like at the concession areas, a White Jersey and a plaque talking about their accomplishments.

And maybe a special place somewhere to honor Earthwind, Kiwaukee, AP, etc who have had multiple NFL seasons.

But for goodness sakes can we A. Get a new Daktronics sign? B. Replace that horrid sheetmetal. C. Get new NC flags?
    + 1,000,000!
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

I agree with including some of the all time greats... maybe a smaller white jersey?

I's like to add 2 more names to this list:

Tom LaRocco 32 - This guy was a wild man and an ICON on kickoff team!

Gino Tutera 90 - About as hard working as DL got. Tough, mean, and fast. I hated to see him go! He could change the pace of a game in 1 play.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

I think this should be brought to Monken's attention if he becomes our guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangsu View Post

I really like the idea of the plaque as well. All throughout the stadium would be cool; gives me another reason to explore the place during gameday.

The Hall of Fame is in the Bishop Building.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I am totally about getting new flags. That is downright pathetic and low class. If nothing else, the American flag should be replaced. I am embarrased to see it with the ends tattered lack that. The NC flags and the GSU flag are that way, but the American flag should never be allowed to be in that state. I don't care if we are hemmoraging money. If you can't afford to fly a decent flag, then don't fly them.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    The Hall of Fame is in the Bishop Building.
    Well that's not exactly publicly accessible on game day is it? Or are you saying only boosters of a certain level should have access to a place of honor for our former players and that regular fans aren't special enough to see that?

Quote Originally Posted by MaconEagle View Post
    I am totally about getting new flags. That is downright pathetic and low class. If nothing else, the American flag should be replaced. I am embarrased to see it with the ends tattered lack that. The NC flags and the GSU flag are that way, but the American flag should never be allowed to be in that state. I don't care if we are hemmoraging money. If you can't afford to fly a decent flag, then don't fly them.
    Very true. It's things like this that make me think that no one in the administration really cares about the football team anymore. If you're going to fly those flags and spout about your winning tradition...but then they look like crap, what does that say?