TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your Favorite Senior Football Player?

Default Who Is Your Favorite Senior Football Player?

Mine is linebacker, David Lewis.

I have known David and his family since his freshman year at Creekside High School in Fairburn. He was a scholar-athlete in high school and I remember how proud I was when he signed with GSU. I don't know of any other senior class in the modern era that has seen as many changes and had to endure as much as David's signing class has and yet they, like him have stayed the course and can leave with their heads held high with diploma in hand.

David is a fifth year senior, a member of Sewak's last signing class. David was red shirted his first year and earned Scout Team Defensive Player of the Year. He played behind Morhing during his second year and started when Morhing was suspended. He played well but in a limited roll because of Morhing's great success. BVG departed and Hatcher came in during David's third year. He played more but split time with a lot of transfers. During his fourth year, his playing decreased greatly as the coaching staff seemed to be moving toward using the younger players. David graduated at the end of his fourth year but chose to return for this his fifth and final year or eligibility. He hasn't gotten a lot of playing time at linebacker this season. His playing time has been primarily on special teams. When I talked to David after the Samford game, I could tell he wished he got more playing time but he impressed me by stating that he was going to make the best of whatever opportunity he was given to help the team. He is a "BIG TEAM little me" kind of guy. I wish he had been able to play with some of our championship teams; however, I admire David for facing and working through great adversity. In a day when athletes accuse schools of using them, I admire David for using football to achieve his academic goals.

Please cheer loudly for all of the seniors when they are introduced during pre-game this Saturday.

Default Re: Who Is Your Favorite Senior Football Player?

Darrel Pasco, talked to his mother walking into the WCU game. She told me i smelled nice...

3. Default Re: Who Is Your Favorite Senior Football Player?

PASCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Cole Fountain. Good Kid, Solid Citizen.
    Tampa Eagle

How many seniors do we have on this team??

All of them for sticking around.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    All of them for sticking around.
    +1 AND sticking around through the toughest time.

All of them. But my two favorites are Harland Bower and David Lewis.

Brett Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Brett Favre.
    The best Senior player
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009