TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Power #99

Default Andrew Power #99

Saw where some were wondering who the big #99 is at practice. Well it's South Carolina transfer WR Andrew Power from Myrtle Beach. Power played with Jamere Valentine at MB and walked on at SC. The Gamecock bio on him said that he'd worked himself up to the #2 TE, so I'm not sure what happened. He's 6'5", 253. That's a big target, and if he's got hands and a bit of speed, he could see some playing time. Listed as a R/Fr.

Interesting... But I thought that a TE could not have #99?

it is pre-season...they may just be letting him use that number for now. Sounds interesting good to see a big guy like that at tight end. On the roster it showed Sumner as a WR, but he has lined up at TE some... I think Sumner is bigger than what the roster says. I like the direction this is going. Thanks for the info.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

The Razorbacks welcomed Myrtle Beach (S.C.) tight end Andrew Power this weekend on an official visit, and he was impressed with what he saw at Arkansas. Power, 6-foot-5, 245 pounds, is also receiving interest from South Carolina, Florida, Ole Miss and Buffalo.

Tight end
    Myrtle Beach (SC) Myrtle Beach

Ht: 6-foot-5
    Wt: 245 lbs
    Forty: 4.75 secs
    Bench reps: 20
    Vertical: 29 inches
    Shuttle: 4.4 secs
    GPA: 3.88
    Class: 2008 (High School)
    Letterman. Alum. Booster.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle21 View Post
    The Razorbacks welcomed Myrtle Beach (S.C.) tight end Andrew Power this weekend on an official visit, and he was impressed with what he saw at Arkansas. Power, 6-foot-5, 245 pounds, is also receiving interest from South Carolina, Florida, Ole Miss and Buffalo.

Tight end
    Myrtle Beach (SC) Myrtle Beach

Ht: 6-foot-5
    Wt: 245 lbs
    Forty: 4.75 secs
    Bench reps: 20
    Vertical: 29 inches
    Shuttle: 4.4 secs
    GPA: 3.88
    Class: 2008 (High School)
    Outstanding.
    32.432772, -81.781416

so-so speed for that big of a man....great looking grades!!!! Always glad to see that. I wonder why there was never any fanfare about him like most transfers receive.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

7. Default

6'5 245 is a heck of a redzone target.

Hope he is as good as advertised. 2 Star rating from Rivals.

4.75 is a good speed for a big receiver. Fast enough to get open. He wont be an open field threat, but a 10 yard possession type is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    so-so speed for that big of a man....great looking grades!!!! Always glad to see that. I wonder why there was never any fanfare about him like most transfers receive.
    It looks like he just quietly snuck in. First I heard was on Eagle Insider today.
    I hope he does good.

9. Default

I think we still have speed on the brain. Like it or not, when you are talkin tight ends, speed is preferable but secondary to hands, height, and strength. MOST of the time, a 6'5" 245 tight end is going to dominate a 5'10" DB in the "fight for the ball". With some of the DB's in the conference, it's kinda like my 3 year old trying to cover me.

Need a reminder of how that works, I remember a big Furman tight end giving us damn fits a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    4.7 is great speed for that big a man.