TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Score Prediction

Default Re: Louisiana Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It does mean that we have a poor early game plan though.
    Maybe.

Oddly enough, 3 of the 4 conference opponents we scored the most on last year (not counting OT) were 3 of the 4 we scored the least on in 2018 (we didn't play Texas State last year). Maybe when we've known what teams are going to do against us defensively we're reasonably ready?

Either way, I do agree we should be better offensively in the early game than we have. I don't really care about opening-drive TDs, but I do care about offensive statistics.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Your analogy of seeking out another mechanic would mean finding another team that provides better results and becoming a fan. It doesn't mean continuing to publicly shame the mechanic about how bad he is and getting him fired just because you have been going to that same shop for a long time.

I think "getting a new car" would fit this part better
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    no matter what the excuses were last year we were 7-6 with a bowl game loss to Liberty. Going by GS history/expectations the season stunk. We should have gotten beat by Campbell in game one this season. Our offense when compared to our past great GS offenses stinks. So yes 10-3 a couple of years ago was good but also remember late in that season we had a great opportunity to win our division of the SB and we didn’t get it done, now you can call it, “we fell flat on our face”, “we choked “ or shucks we could have won the SB but we still had a good season. With the high GS expectations that we use to have, that 10-3 season would have left a bitter taste in the “old” expectations fan base. Heck we fired Sewak after losing on the road to the #4 ranked team in the country AND at seasons end we were ranked 9th in the final polls! So my point is look at our history and that will clear it up for you in regards to our serious concerns and our Monday morning quarterbacking. Question is who will get back to greatness 1st Nebraska or GS?
    Garns, we went from double-digits losses to double digit wins in one season and Lunsford won the same number of games in his first 2 seasons that Fritz did with a significantly tougher schedule (including easily the toughest schedule in program history last year). All that while not inheriting as good a roster. It's justified to be concerned about things but if you're just looking at the win-loss record we're on the border of mediocre and good at worst.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

no matter what the excuses were last year we were 7-6 with a bowl game loss to Liberty. Going by GS history/expectations the season stunk. We should have gotten beat by Campbell in game one this season. Our offense when compared to our past great GS offenses stinks. So yes 10-3 a couple of years ago was good but also remember late in that season we had a great opportunity to win our division of the SB and we didn’t get it done, now you can call it, “we fell flat on our face”, “we choked “ or shucks we could have won the SB but we still had a good season. With the high GS expectations that we use to have, that 10-3 season would have left a bitter taste in the “old” expectations fan base. Heck we fired Sewak after losing on the road to the #4 ranked team in the country AND at seasons end we were ranked 9th in the final polls! So my point is look at our history and that will clear it up for you in regards to our serious concerns and our Monday morning quarterbacking. Question is who will get back to greatness 1st Nebraska or GS?
    Garns - we will be better this year! We are better this year! We. Will. Win.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    No, but the customer is well within his rights to seek out another mechanic if the results are bad.
    +1

Especially if said mechanic’s sub-par work is being televised live on national television, and covered by local and national media.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    I think "getting a new car" would fit this part better

Yeah that was another bad analogy by KJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrown2004 View Post
    Garns - we will be better this year! We are better this year! We. Will. Win.
    im wishing we come out, look sharp and win, looking like we know what we are doing on offense, defense plays great. 2-0, on to the next with some hope and confidence as a fan.

im wishing we come out, look sharp and win, looking like we know what we are doing on offense, defense plays great. 2-0, on to the next with some hope and confidence as a fan.
    Unfortunately winning this game will mean nothing to the detractors of our program. They will point to the fact that UL is down because of COVID. That didn’t matter that our first game was missing 1/3 of our team. I don’t see the detractors letting up because this year is weird. We may have to cancel App, or App cancel us. Try coaching under those circumstances. Then throw in the civil unrest which has many of our players on edge and you have a loss of focus and generally uncoachable. This is a difficult place to be. I recognize they are getting paid well to deal with all of this but no amount of money can make the heart ache and unrest feel better. I wouldn’t switch places and I doubt many on here would.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Yeah that was another bad analogy by KJ.
    getting a new car or getting a new team to be a fan of are the same thing in that analogy.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Unfortunately winning this game will mean nothing to the detractors of our program. They will point to the fact that UL is down because of COVID. That didn’t matter that our first game was missing 1/3 of our team. I don’t see the detractors letting up because this year is weird. We may have to cancel App, or App cancel us. Try coaching under those circumstances. Then throw in the civil unrest which has many of our players on edge and you have a loss of focus and generally uncoachable. This is a difficult place to be. I recognize they are getting paid well to deal with all of this but no amount of money can make the heart ache and unrest feel better. I wouldn’t switch places and I doubt many on here would.
    Very little will change the detractors. If we win by 50, they will find something else to complain about tomorrow.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive