TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Score Prediction

1. Default Re: Louisiana Score Prediction

I am a little concerned about the historical ability of our staff to prepare our team for (1) road games, (2) low attendance venues, and in this case (3) an 11:00 am local time kickoff. Hopefully we find a way to get a bad case of the wants and get off to a great start and not let up in this game.

Default Re: Louisiana Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Never said that there isn't a problem. Just because no one says that they personally should replace Debesse does not make what has been said on here any better. But if you stood over the shoulder of the mechanic that was fixing your truck and told him what was wrong with it, that his diagnosis of how to fix it was wrong, which tools to use and how to use them, that he should contact past drivers (who have never been mechanics) of similar cars to see how they would fix it, and that he should be fired for his incompetency you would at a minimum get thrown out of the shop and potentially get your @$$ kicked by him in the process.

Sure but thatís not even close to the analogy here. Try this one....

Iíve taken my truck to that same mechanic several times and the problems with my truck are still there. Heís not fixing the problem so Iím getting annoyed and thinking itís time to take it to somebody else and see if they can fix it.

And címon there is literally one person who suggested Lunsford needs to contact former players and we all know what heís getting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I'm not a professional chef but I know when my food is burnt.
    Yep, and as fans thatís where we are. We can fairly ***** about results. But we have only a limited right to ***** about process.

Right now, we can all agree that our offense has been atrocious. The best case scenario is that ďweĒ turn it around, and quickly.

Like most, I have little confidence in that happening.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Never said that there isn't a problem. Just because no one says that they personally should replace Debesse does not make what has been said on here any better. But if you stood over the shoulder of the mechanic that was fixing your truck and told him what was wrong with it, that his diagnosis of how to fix it was wrong, which tools to use and how to use them, that he should contact past drivers (who have never been mechanics) of similar cars to see how they would fix it, and that he should be fired for his incompetency you would at a minimum get thrown out of the shop and potentially get your @$$ kicked by him in the process.
    So half is allowed to hang out with the team and berate Debesse while he's trying to do his job? No wonder our offense stinks.

Not a bad analogy. However, it doesnít mean that the mechanic can and will fix the problem.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    I don't think I could do DeBesse's job better than he can... but I do think there are probably other professional coaches out there who could.
    The offense is stagnant, and has shown very, VERY little improvement over the past couple of years. One can recognize that fact even without being a highly paid professional coach, IMO.
    I'll say the same thing that I have before.... There were very few complaints when we were 10-3 in year one. Last year we were destroyed by injuries and suspensions that cost key offensive players several games if not their entire seasons, and almost never had the same players in the same positions for more than one or two games at a time. And this year, we are only through game one where we had 33 inactive players and played 20+ freshmen, RS freshmen and walk-ons. Very little has been the same or normal in the "past couple of years".

I've never once said that things are great or that there are not things that need to be addressed. But for some to act like they know better how to fix those issues than a coach who has been doing it for almost 40 years is laughable to me. They just want to hear themselves talk and be part of the echo chamber so that when and if he is fired (which every coach ultimately is at some point) they can say "see I told you".
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Not a bad analogy. However, it doesn’t mean that the mechanic can and will fix the problem.
    It also doesn't mean that it's the mechanic's fault that the problem exists or that his way of fixing it was wrong.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

It also doesn't mean that it's the mechanic's fault that the problem exists or that his way of fixing it was wrong.
    No, but the customer is well within his rights to seek out another mechanic if the results are bad.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    No, but the customer is well within his rights to seek out another mechanic if the results are bad.
    Your analogy of seeking out another mechanic would mean finding another team that provides better results and becoming a fan. It doesn't mean continuing to publicly shame the mechanic about how bad he is and getting him fired just because you have been going to that same shop for a long time.

I'll say the same thing that I have before.... There were very few complaints when we were 10-3 in year one. Last year we were destroyed by injuries and suspensions that cost key offensive players several games if not their entire seasons, and almost never had the same players in the same positions for more than one or two games at a time. And this year, we are only through game one where we had 33 inactive players and played 20+ freshmen, RS freshmen and walk-ons. Very little has been the same or normal in the "past couple of years".

I've never once said that things are great or that there are not things that need to be addressed. But for some to act like they know better how to fix those issues than a coach who has been doing it for almost 40 years is laughable to me. They just want to hear themselves talk and be part of the echo chamber so that when and if he is fired (which every coach ultimately is at some point) they can say "see I told you".
    no matter what the excuses were last year we were 7-6 with a bowl game loss to Liberty. Going by GS history/expectations the season stunk. We should have gotten beat by Campbell in game one this season. Our offense when compared to our past great GS offenses stinks. So yes 10-3 a couple of years ago was good but also remember late in that season we had a great opportunity to win our division of the SB and we didn’t get it done, now you can call it, “we fell flat on our face”, “we choked “ or shucks we could have won the SB but we still had a good season. With the high GS expectations that we use to have, that 10-3 season would have left a bitter taste in the “old” expectations fan base. Heck we fired Sewak after losing on the road to the #4 ranked team in the country AND at seasons end we were ranked 9th in the final polls! So my point is look at our history and that will clear it up for you in regards to our serious concerns and our Monday morning quarterbacking. Question is who will get back to greatness 1st Nebraska or GS?