TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: What’s the latest on game Saturday.

Default Re: What’s the latest on game Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    There is a bright side to this cancellation. We have another full week to analyze and dissect the Campbell game.
    Better yet, we'll have two games of UL footage to look at.

2. Default Re: What’s the latest on game Saturday.

There is a bright side to this cancellation. We have another full week to analyze and dissect the Campbell game.
    We had two weeks to prepare for UL (at home) last year, hopefully we are better prepared for them this time in Lafayette. Earn that check and GATA CL!

Personally I hate bye weeks, I feel like we always come out of them softer. I was hoping they would have a full contact scrimmage this afternoon to get live action reps in.
    Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson

Was already driving down from Atlanta and in-between Macon & Dublin when we got the news of the cancellation.... we were pumped, ready to tailgate and catch our first game of the year (had to miss Campbell cuz I was on-call). Talk about a rug-pull.... sheesh. Came on down and enjoyed an afternoon/night of letting loose for a little bit. Headed back to the ATL yesterday morning.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Conference USA released some information about the championship, but nothing about the possibility of moving the game back a week if a division champ has a make-up game for that day.

My guess is if FAU doesn't win their division we play the game December 5th.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: What’s the latest on game Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Conference USA released some information about the championship, but nothing about the possibility of moving the game back a week if a division champ has a make-up game for that day.

My guess is if FAU doesn't win their division we play the game December 5th.
    My guess is CUSA will be forced to reschedule more game(s) for that date.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    My guess is CUSA will be forced to reschedule more game(s) for that date.
    I suppose it's a smart date to pick for conferences. It will only affect 2 teams per conference. And they can hope for some time that those two teams are not on that date's make up game list.

If, say we wind up in a conference championship game on 12/5, I suppose that we'd just then have to cancel the FAU game and vice versa?

This year is corona crazy, so who knows?

8. Default Re: What’s the latest on game Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerado View Post
    I suppose it's a smart date to pick for conferences. It will only affect 2 teams per conference. And they can hope for some time that those two teams are not on that date's make up game list.

If, say we wind up in a conference championship game on 12/5, I suppose that we'd just then have to cancel the FAU game and vice versa?

This year is corona crazy, so who knows?
    The Sun Belt has a buffer to push the championship game back a week if a team that is playing in it has a rescheduled game on the 5th. CUSA hasn't definitively said whether or not they are able to do the same, just that it's a possibility.