TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams that have lost their games November 21st

Default Teams that have lost their games November 21st

These are the teams that lost their games with SEC teams the week before rivalry week. Accoridng to ESPN, it looks like all the other P5 teams are playing entirely conference games that week, so there's a chance no more teams will become available that weekend.

FBS teams:
    New Mexico State
    Louisiana Tech

FCS (I checked Socon, OVC, and Big South):
    Wofford
    Kennesaw State

Sooo....call LA Tech? I see no reason to to put a second FCS team on the schedule unless we get the game for free. No way to know if we'll be able to sell tickets by November.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 3rd August 2020 at 09:36 AM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Default Re: Teams that have lost their games November 21st

There's the option to add another team August 29th or, alternatively, move one of our current games to that date or November 21st to free up another week.

EDIT: Just saw where they may also push the Sun Belt title game back a week to December 12th, which would free up December 5th to add a game as well.
    Last edited by GSUfanforever; 3rd August 2020 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    There's the option to add another team August 29th or, alternatively, move one of our current games to that date or November 21st to free up another week.
    That's an interesting idea. I see Troy, ULM, and ULL are now all open November 21st.

If we get the ULL game moved to 11-21 then there's a bunch of G5 teams available where that game was (scroll down to the bottom of the list of games).

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/4

Or we play a Sun Belt team Out of Conference?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Yep...plenty of options and if we only need to fill one game, shouldn't be outrageously challenging- especially with August 29 and December 5 scheduling flexibility plus the waiver to play two FCS games this year.

I’d say add KSU, fun instate game, they would be a challenge, a good crowd to Statesboro hopefully without the pandemic breathing down our necks. Georgia should be at herd immunity based on what I’m seeing in our area. Status in our area is that you’ve either had it, have it or going to get it. Crazy! Thankfully most are mild to moderate but we are losing a few that really hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I’d say add KSU, fun instate game, they would be a challenge, a good crowd to Statesboro hopefully without the pandemic breathing down our necks. Georgia should be at herd immunity based on what I’m seeing in our area. Status in our area is that you’ve either had it, have it or going to get it. Crazy! Thankfully most are mild to moderate but we are losing a few that really hurts.
    No thanks! For the same reason uga doesn't want to play us. If we win, we should have and who really cares. If we lose, it's a huge black eye on the program and a huge shot in the arm for them as the underdog. We don't need to go anywhere near an FCS team in our own state, running our old offense, and with a coach that used to be on our staff who depending on who you listen to either refused to interview or potentially said no when we had our last opening. Crowd size means nothing because I doubt there will be more than 50% allowed in attendance if anyone at all.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

8. Default Re: Teams that have lost their games November 21st

I'm more in favor of adding a 7th home game against someone like KSU than going on the road for a one-off G5 match up against someone like LA Tech. We could easily negotiate down the buy price for the FCS school since their options are play us for a few bucks or don't play at all. Anything we make from ticket sales, ads, concessions, etc from that game is all gravy. It would be a fraction of what we would have gotten from a P5 payout, but it would be better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I would think this is a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    No thanks! For the same reason uga doesn't want to play us. If we win, we should have and who really cares. If we lose, it's a huge black eye on the program and a huge shot in the arm for them as the underdog. We don't need to go anywhere near an FCS team in our own state, running our old offense, and with a coach that used to be on our staff who depending on who you listen to either refused to interview or potentially said no when we had our last opening. Crowd size means nothing because I doubt there will be more than 50% allowed in attendance if anyone at all.
    if we can’t beat KSU, what’s the saying?, “Houston we have a problem”