TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    It's a pretend DI conference that actually has a financial incentive to not have football.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 13th July 2020 at 12:34 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    1) On a brighter note, there were no reported CoVid deaths in NYC yesterday for the first time since March. That's amazing to me.
    2) Also, I won't get into politics, but all this CoVid crap is being politicized unnecessarily IMO.
    3) That said, most universities are run by ______ leaning people, who have no problem with calling off football season in an election year citing "player and fan safety".
    4) Do I think this virus dangerous? Sure it is. Especially to those with health issues and all, but shouldn't it be your decision to coach, participate in sports, spectate or stay the heck home and isolate? I go to the grocery store, the hardware store etc. and I follow the recommended guidelines just to make others feel safe, but I know I could contract stuff this at any time regardless and that's MY decision. No one is making me. I go out in public and do all this because the benefit outweighs the risk. IT'S MY DECISION. Same should go for our folks. No one is forcing the players to play, the coaches to coach, the fans to watch, etc., so let them sit it out if they feel too unsafe. Meanwhile, keep our sports seasons going and let's give some other folks the opportunity to step up and contribute. Let the individuals make their own decision based on benefit vs. risk, but for goodness sake, let's don't abandon our seasons and call off sports.

JMO
    I’m not sure how anyone still feels this way.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I’m not sure how anyone still feels this way.
    My wife observed that people who watch Fox News often watch ONLY Fox News. If they are on the web, they aren't jumping around to Reuters, BBC, or what have you. If you look at the Fox News home page right today, you will see almost no mention of ICUs nearing capacity in Florida, Texas, and Arizona, nor of Florida now looking worse that NY at its peak. It's almost as if there is no pandemic at all. It's really quite remarkable; you should head right over to their website and have a look.

They have a clear purpose in this sort of coverage, and it is having its effect, such as 40% of people in one political party refusing to wear masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    My wife observed that people who watch Fox News often watch ONLY Fox News. If they are on the web, they aren't jumping around to Reuters, BBC, or what have you. If you look at the Fox News home page right today, you will see almost no mention of ICUs nearing capacity in Florida, Texas, and Arizona, nor of Florida now looking worse that NY at its peak. It's almost as if there is no pandemic at all. It's really quite remarkable; you should head right over to their website and have a look.

They have a clear purpose in this sort of coverage, and it is having its effect, such as 40% of people in one political party refusing to wear masks.
    im in that party your talking about, and damed proud of it and I wear a mask. Had one on today as I collected my 1,400.00 hand pay at the Hard Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    im in that party your talking about, and damed proud of it and I wear a mask. Had one on today as I collected my 1,400.00 hand pay at the Hard Rock.
    You can consider yourself a part of the proud 60%. The enlightened if misled, I would say. :-)

But we will not debate that here, unless 22 wants to start a Fox News thread in Talon Talk or something. Not likely!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I’m happy for your little blessing ($), and I’m glad you started wearing a mask.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

You can consider yourself a part of the proud 60%. The enlightened if misled, I would say. :-)

But we will not debate that here, unless 22 wants to start a Fox News thread in Talon Talk or something. Not likely!
    Please, for the love of God, no!
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Please, for the love of God, no!
    It's hard to suppress political or religious opinions when somebody lets one opposite to your own leak out, but we must be adult. Controlled. Disciplined. And it has led to the survival of this board, which is one of the best.

Like that’s not the same for CNN? Most of those people are only watching CNN and it’s obviously the complete opposite of what is on Fox News. For fun some nights I will flip back and forth between CNN and Fox just for comedic value of watching the exact same event be reported in completely different ways. I don’t think there was anything funny about the protests or riots but to watch those two entertainment stations “report” on it was comical. Fox News has the entire country being burnt to the ground. CNN had nothing but peaceful protests happening. Neither one of them are news outlets.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Like that’s not the same for CNN? Most of those people are only watching CNN and it’s obviously the complete opposite of what is on Fox News. For fun some nights I will flip back and forth between CNN and Fox just for comedic value of watching the exact same event be reported in completely different ways. I don’t think there was anything funny about the protests or riots but to watch those two entertainment stations “report” on it was comical. Fox News has the entire country being burnt to the ground. CNN had nothing but peaceful protests happening. Neither one of them are news outlets.
    MSNBC is full time opinion the opposite of Fox. CNN has more news but evidently got tired of being attacked and has definitely taken sides this time around. Ah....but see how easy it would be to slide into a fun discussion of politics, media, etc. Gotta just exclude that for now I guess. Nobody's mind ever changes anyway. Not as the result of online arguments anyway.