TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

SEC commissioner doesn’t sound very positive about any football being played, they will have decision by end of July.

2. Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

If the SEC bails on 2020 you can bet the Belt will too

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    If the SEC bails on 2020 you can bet the Belt will too
    The SEC and ACC have an additional dilemma to address. If they go to conference games only mode, they forsake some important rivalry games: FSU/UF, SC/Clem., UL/UK, and Tech/UGA. Will their fans accept that?

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    The SEC and ACC have an additional dilemma to address. If they go to conference games only mode, they forsake some important rivalry games: FSU/UF, SC/Clem., UL/UK, and Tech/UGA. Will their fans accept that?
    UGA/Tech is closer than any SEC/ACC school and a very short day trip on a bus. It'd be silly not to play each other. Same goes for Clemson/SC.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    “Open the bars”

“Open the beaches”

Open the nightclubs!”

“Oh, ****! Close all that stiuff-fast!”

(Too late.)

-we had a shot at a season. But too many people just decided this was all fake news and jumped headlong into the deep end of a really stupid pool
    This!

How many would Notre Dame play? Not that I care.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    UGA/Tech is closer than any SEC/ACC school and a very short day trip on a bus. It'd be silly not to play each other. Same goes for Clemson/SC.
    They aren't going to conference only schedules because they are all "close". It's so they have control over and consistency in what teams do and don't do with regards to testing and rules. If they say conference only and then let one or two play their normal rivalry games, it will prove even more than it does already that this has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with $$$.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

1) On a brighter note, there were no reported CoVid deaths in NYC yesterday for the first time since March. That's amazing to me.
    2) Also, I won't get into politics, but all this CoVid crap is being politicized unnecessarily IMO.
    3) That said, most universities are run by ______ leaning people, who have no problem with calling off football season in an election year citing "player and fan safety".
    4) Do I think this virus dangerous? Sure it is. Especially to those with health issues and all, but shouldn't it be your decision to coach, participate in sports, spectate or stay the heck home and isolate? I go to the grocery store, the hardware store etc. and I follow the recommended guidelines just to make others feel safe, but I know I could contract stuff this at any time regardless and that's MY decision. No one is making me. I go out in public and do all this because the benefit outweighs the risk. IT'S MY DECISION. Same should go for our folks. No one is forcing the players to play, the coaches to coach, the fans to watch, etc., so let them sit it out if they feel too unsafe. Meanwhile, keep our sports seasons going and let's give some other folks the opportunity to step up and contribute. Let the individuals make their own decision based on benefit vs. risk, but for goodness sake, let's don't abandon our seasons and call off sports.

JMO

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...el-fall-sports

Patriot League cancels all Fall sports. They had lots of OOC football games with Ivy league teams, so this doesn't come as a surprise.
    Zach Towery
    Bachelor of Music '09
    Master of Music '12
    Reidsville, GA