TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY! Finish Strong Campaign

Default Re: TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY! Finish Strong Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I will encourage you to support this great cause. As you will remember, this athletic campaign covers the costs of the 14 seniors who are coming back for their “lost seasons”. Please give as much as you can even if it’s just a little!
    And if you have the wherewithal, please support the other Finish Strong campaign from the University Foundation which provides scholarships for disadvantaged students in this coming college year. This will help keep deserving students, some on the verge of graduating, in school. While that is a great cause in itself, it also benefits our enrollment and state funding.

What mike said

every little bit helps
    challenge some friends to do a match

it all adds up

I agree 90k isn’t bad but it would be great to have more people involved

half a starbucks a day for a month gets you near $100 bucks

but I completely understand if the virus has hit your ability to give right now
    then I sincerely hope things take a turn for the better soon
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

2. Default Re: TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY! Finish Strong Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    What mike said

every little bit helps
    challenge some friends to do a match

it all adds up

I agree 90k isn’t bad but it would be great to have more people involved

half a starbucks a day for a month gets you near $100 bucks

but I completely understand if the virus has hit your ability to give right now
    then I sincerely hope things take a turn for the better soon

+1

Is the unemployment number 40m now? That's bad, and honestly, more than that are probably praying everyday that they get to hold on to their current job.

All things considered, $90k is a solid number when asking people for donations to put somebody else's kids through school in these times.

Plus, we are coming off the payment plan for tickets and Athletic fund. When you give a large sum monthly for 5 or 6 months then are asked to support something you are already giving to it doesn’t quite make sense. Then start the season tickets for basketball on top of that. I’m glad many of you guys are able to give more than you already give. I’m maxed out on GS giving.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Plus, we are coming off the payment plan for tickets and Athletic fund. When you give a large sum monthly for 5 or 6 months then are asked to support something you are already giving to it doesn’t quite make sense. Then start the season tickets for basketball on top of that. I’m glad many of you guys are able to give more than you already give. I’m maxed out on GS giving.
    Yep, I’ll be going over tomorrow to pay for our basketball tickets(that be a little over 2 grand).

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

Is the unemployment number 40m now? That's bad, and honestly, more than that are probably praying everyday that they get to hold on to their current job.

All things considered, $90k is a solid number when asking people for donations to put somebody else's kids through school in these times.
    ouch, but true, “to put somebody else’s kids........”

I can't speak for the other 2 schools but our giving rate % compared to the national average is lower. Lots of mouths but not enough donors. I've been fortunate enough to get a new job last year and been able to donate a lot more annually. Yes the timing is bad.

The monthly donations for the annual donations.
    Basketball season tickets, even though the season doesn't start until what, November are being solicited now to get on the payment plan.
    For some this year the delayed tax season, has some owing the IRS a check.
    Obviously the economy right now.

I did just donate to the University Foundation because my company will match it. Also in 2 weeks I plan on submitting another payment toward my 2021 athletic donation.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 2nd July 2020 at 09:53 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

FWIW, someone on CSN posted a link to a survey of several dozen ADs and we were ranked 4th in donor support among the 12 Sun Belt behind Ark State, App, and ULL.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Asking absolutely makes sense. The issue isn't the ask, the issue is whether or not the person has the ability to donate or not. You make zero % of the shots you don't take. The program needs the help for added schollies for the seniors. They should absolutely ask for the support.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    FWIW, someone on CSN posted a link to a survey of several dozen ADs and we were ranked 4th in donor support among the 12 Sun Belt behind Ark State, App, and ULL.
    interesting, that’s where we also rank in football.

It's sad that we need to aspire to be like Appy when for years it was the other way around. One bone headed coaching decision and doubling down by bringing him back for year 2. Then tripling down and keeping him around for 6 games in that 2nd year, when is was 100% apparent to everyone he was in over his head.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"