TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Boise Game Trip

Default Boise Game Trip

Just throwing this out there, obviously with Corona we don't know the situation come football season. Which is why I have not booked any flights yet. I do have a room in Boise but not these other locations yet. If rooms are still available there is a Holiday Inn on campus and may even be walking distance to the stadium (less than a mile).

If you have the time, I'd suggest visiting the surrounding states if possible. You have many options from Savannah or Atlanta.
    ATL - Salt Lake and drive over to Boise. See the Salt Lake and hang out with the Mormons.
    ATL - Wyoming - Boise: Yellowstone obviously, Jackson Hole.
    ATL - Bozeman - Boise: Lots of nature things to see in Montana, a part of Yellowstone is easy driving distance.
    ATL - South Dakota - Bozeman - Boise: Looked into it and even with all these flights it's in the $500 range. Knock out 5 states and when will you be back in this part of the country? Plus Mount Rushmore is on my bucket list and I will be in the "neighborhood" so why not.

My plan is to do the last one. Got several friends who will join me on Thursday in Boise and then fly home Sunday. Recover and rest Monday. Back to work on Tuesday. If you choose the Salt Lake option you could easily fly in Thursday and head to Boise on Saturday.

Sorry forgot to mention you can also probably figure in Utah/SLC more into these plans but I've already been so didn't research that part of this trip, other than the 1st option. You could just as easily make this a 6 state trip.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 1st June 2020 at 09:48 AM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Default Re: Boise Game Trip

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Just throwing this out there, obviously with Corona we don't know the situation come football season. Which is why I have not booked any flights yet. I do have a room in Boise but not these other locations yet. If rooms are still available there is a Holiday Inn on campus and may even be walking distance to the stadium (less than a mile).

If you have the time, I'd suggest visiting the surrounding states if possible. You have many options from Savannah or Atlanta.
    ATL - Salt Lake and drive over to Boise. See the Salt Lake and hang out with the Mormons.
    ATL - Wyoming - Boise: Yellowstone obviously, Jackson Hole.
    ATL - Bozeman - Boise: Lots of nature things to see in Montana, a part of Yellowstone is easy driving distance.
    ATL - South Dakota - Bozeman - Boise: Looked into it and even with all these flights it's in the $500 range. Knock out 5 states and when will you be back in this part of the country? Plus Mount Rushmore is on my bucket list and I will be in the "neighborhood" so why not.

My plan is to do the last one. Got several friends who will join me on Thursday in Boise and then fly home Sunday. Recover and rest Monday. Back to work on Tuesday. If you choose the Salt Lake option you could easily fly in Thursday and head to Boise on Saturday.

Sorry forgot to mention you can also probably figure in Utah/SLC more into these plans but I've already been so didn't research that part of this trip, other than the 1st option. You could just as easily make this a 6 state trip.
    We’ve cancelled flights we had booked, but still may go. If we do we’re thinking of driving and making it a really long road trip.

What places do you think you'll stop along the way? I know Geecheeagle has been discussing doing the same - driving and hitting all those states.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    What places do you think you'll stop along the way? I know Geecheeagle has been discussing doing the same - driving and hitting all those states.
    We haven’t gotten that far in the plan yet. When we were going to fly we were still planning to go for a week and had a number of reservations at places around the state. Now we’re starting over with the planning.

Salt Lake is a Delta hub and about 5 hours away good option if you don't want 2 stop overs.
    Reno is about 6 1/2 mostly interstate, but nothing but desert and brown hills.
    Portland is about 6 hours and you parallel the Columbia river.

Boise has a decent Brewery scene. Hell's canyon is also very interesting. The Oregon Trail went thru the area and there are some museums. I am avoiding Salt Lake since we play BYU in a few years. We are booked at the Holiday Inn Express on campus.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Well there are a few that I know of staying at the Holiday Inn on campus. EaglesDare is the only poster that I know of other than myself, gasouthern01, possibly gasou93.

My family of 7 have reservations at the Holiday Inn Express on campus. Hope we get to go! I haven't pulled the trigger on flights yet though...

I really don't think this game will be played unfortunately ...if we have a season the start will be pushed back IMO
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    I really don't think this game will be played unfortunately ...if we have a season the start will be pushed back IMO
    I think you may be right. Me and some friends had planned like what was discussed above (e.g. Yellowstone and road trip through Montana). We may still do that, just no GS Football, unfortunately.

It's probably too far out, but we also had a trip planned to Oxford, MS. That may be in jeopardy, too.