TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Excitement

Default Excitement

Despite the concerns of the Covid 19 situation I can’t help but get excited about the upcoming football season. Can you imagine the three headed monster at running back that is Wright, Kennedy, and King! Also, I think having Ruse back is going to help with the blocking as well as the experience the line has gotten from being forced into “next man up situations”. Also, our front 8 should be nasty!
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He’s a grown man, fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

Default Re: Excitement

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    Despite the concerns of the Covid 19 situation I can’t help but get excited about the upcoming football season. Can you imagine the three headed monster at running back that is Wright, Kennedy, and King! Also, I think having Ruse back is going to help with the blocking as well as the experience the line has gotten from being forced into “next man up situations”. Also, our front 8 should be nasty!

How is having Ruse back going to help with the blocking?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    How is having Ruse back going to help with the blocking?
    Do our tight ends not block?

Well he was the OC the last time he was here and we didn’t have blocking issues then. As the OC I would assume he had some understanding of the overall blocking scheme we were using. If we’re solely using him just to coach TEs then I think we are missing a good opportunity.

Been a crazy year but I'm always excited for football season. Can't wait.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Do our tight ends not block?

The 1 TE going to block his guy and the other 5 defenders our OL misses? (Smile)
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    Well he was the OC the last time he was here and we didn’t have blocking issues then. As the OC I would assume he had some understanding of the overall blocking scheme we were using. If we’re solely using him just to coach TEs then I think we are missing a good opportunity.

Our OL wasn’t dominant because of Ruse. Obviously he has an understanding of the blocking scheme Under his offense. But So did Gillespie/Dean, Cook, ans Debeese...and how has that worked out for us? There are 2 reason our OL wasn’t an issue under Ruse...Brent David and Alex Atkins.

Now I do agree that if we are solely using him to coach TE then we are missing a good opportunity. But expecting him to have any influence (outside of convincing DeBeese that maybe our OL’s hips shouldn’t be touching) on our blocking is asking way too much. I mean we all know what should have happened but Lunsford is too much Richt and not enough Kirby so here we are.

+1000 I'm pumped! I have a feeling we are going to have our first well rounded team since Fritz. I'm thinking the Bosie game is going to be our "breakout" win we have been so close to winning.

NM
    Last edited by half-n-half; 31st May 2020 at 09:19 PM.

10. Default Re: Excitement

Ruse helping 1 TE block better means he is helping us block better.