TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Excitement

Default Re: Excitement

I’m cautiously optimistic for next season but like someone already posted the bowl loss to Liberty inhale vigorouslyed a lot of my energy away going into the offseason. However we definitely have the talent and for once in way too long some coaching continuity to build off of so if we have football this fall I see us being competitive.

In fact, I wonder how much higher ranked app will be when we beat them again

Laying the ****tiest egg possible in the last game of the year doesn't really build confidence for the next season.

The offense needs to make a huge leap this year. Anything else is completely unacceptable. I've been patient....but we need to consider a different path on that side of the ball if we see another ****show this year.

For an option team we have WAY too many 3 and outs. And not scoring on our first drive in over 2 seasons is UNACCEPTABLE.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Laying the ****tiest egg possible in the last game of the year doesn't really build confidence for the next season.

The offense needs to make a huge leap this year. Anything else is completely unacceptable. I've been patient....but we need to consider a different path on that side of the ball if we see another ****show this year.

For an option team we have WAY too many 3 and outs. And not scoring on our first drive in over 2 seasons is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Werts could be a game changer if he comes out with the confidence he should have as a senior. He seems risk overs to the point of concern though. That's a redeeming trait but he needs to say screw it this year and just go with it. Whatever it takes to get that first down. Be damned with all the confusion. Ruse is a game changer and has most certainly been given the opportunity to share his thinking. He has a lot of it. Add the running back stable and a more prepared offensive line with more depth and we should have some fun playing football this year. Pumped is an understatement. Let's role this season!
    Last edited by EaglesFlyFBS; 1st June 2020 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Werts could be a game changer if he comes out with the confidence he should have as a senior. He seems risk overs to the point of concern though. That's a redeeming trait but he needs to say screw it this year and just go with it. Whatever it takes to get that first down. Be damned with all the confusion. Ruse is a game changer and has most certainly been given the opportunity to share his thinking. He has a lot of it. Add the running back stable and a more prepared offensive line with more depth and we should have some fun playing football this year. Pumped is an understatement. Let's role this season!
    Gonna be vital to get Wright and Miller back on the offense too.

With the RB stable, I think we could actually benefit from moving Wright to TE/Cruiser, especially if we run a lot more 11 personnel. Wright isn't afraid of hitting folks on the edge. We need physicality and speed on the edge, been missing that. Here's hoping DJ Butler comes back cause he looked good last Spring, and Pelkinsson might need to play early too. His film showed a lot of good things with his blocking.

Yeah left a bad taste in my mouth too but you gotta know that’s given the boys some free motivation. They’ve had a long time to think about it, bet they come out with some nasty attitudes this season, I think this might be a real swagger year for us.

I am optimistic about our O. Linemen are going to be good and some depth. Rb's are looking excellent with speed and size. TE should be the best we have had. I think Pelkisson I think will be a starter early. Werts will finish up strong with Eagles and he will have a strong experienced Tomlin behind him.

I believe our D will be pretty good, hoping a talented group of DB's will play up to their potential.

Now is the year Lunsford needs to get his staff together with the right X & O going and play GATA GSU Football.

X0
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    Yeah left a bad taste in my mouth too but you gotta know that’s given the boys some free motivation. They’ve had a long time to think about it, bet they come out with some nasty attitudes this season, I think this might be a real swagger year for us.
    This is a totally different season with the Covid19 crap hanging over this staff and kids heads. Staff will have to make sure apathy isn’t a problem. I can see the goofy type of “restrictions” that will be placed on attempts for football practice etc. wouldn’t be surprised to see the kids wearing masks under their helmets etc. Imo, huge challenge ahead for our coaches. Now if the powers to be wake up and realize this population has the tiniest chance to get sick from the virus, maybe it could be more of a normal camp. But I’m afraid we will continue to see the extreme cautiousness we are seeing all over the place. Good luck CL, you got your hands full and not with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    If I counted right we have 9 redshirt upper classmen OL. If we cant block now we never will. Either we cant recruit or "coach them up"

Oh it’s definitely put up or shut up time on the OL. This is year 3 of the same OL coach, OC, and S&C coach. If we don’t see results now it’s time to start looking in the mirror. But either way the results good or bad will have nothing to do with Ruse unless he can be the one to convince DeBeese that our OL’s hips don’t need to be touching.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Defense needs to be able to handle an up-tempo offense. Seems like we're never ready for it, even late in the season when we have plenty of game film on our opponents.

Offense needs to learn to block. Plain and simple. Can't have running lanes without blocks.

Agreed that 14 and 15 offenses looked great due to Atkins OL coaching. There is a reason he's at FSU, Bob was fired from NM, and Ruse is coming from a D2 school.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Our OL wasn’t dominant because of Ruse. Obviously he has an understanding of the blocking scheme Under his offense. But So did Gillespie/Dean, Cook, ans Debeese...
    Not so fast. The first thing TS did in spring practice was toss the offensive blocking scheme into the dumper, to the disbelief and displeasure of the offensive linemen who had been trained in the Fritz scheme. It was part of the "culture change" TS brought to us, apparently, and they knew it was a big mistake. Later TS said they were "coming around" (as if they had a choice) and we all saw the disaster that followed, despite some great backs including Breida.

Ruse was here for the Fritz blocking scheme and knows what it was all about; none of the others you mentioned was here.

They could have learned...but remember another lowlight of the TS era: he said he didn't bother to watch videos of his predecessors. That would mean watching how they won so many games, and TS had to change the culture.