TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford extended through 2024

Default Lunsford extended through 2024

Lot to like about CCL, happy to have him. Looks like Benko agrees and moved quickly on this. Hope there are some good buyouts in here so if he continues to have success we can be well compensated when he is poached.

https://gseagles.com/news/2020/5/29/...ough-2024.aspx

Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

CCL wins in his first 2 seasons: 17
    Fritz wins in his first 2 seasons: 18 (17 if you don't count the bowl games, which I do)

And that's with an offensive roster not nearly as good as Fritz had, and much tougher schedule overall across the two years.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Fritz wins in his first 2 seasons: 18 (17 if you don't count the bowl games, which I do)

And that's with an offensive roster not nearly as good as Fritz had, and much tougher schedule overall across the two years.
    plus football has done their best in the classroom EVER. Now a days that’s part of the equation.

4. Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

Sadly, I feel like that is the same way Benko viewed it. I wish he worked with him for a season first, but good for CL.

Hopefully, the extension is GS-favorable. The current financial situation possibly made that possible. We’ll see.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Congratulations CL and GATA

Isn't now back at the 4 year "standard" coaching contract for recruits? Yes Chad will be here all 4 years.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

isn't it just the formalization of what he was due per contract anyway? 4 year contract, with a one year auto extension after 7 wins.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Chad was handed a seasoned FBS program that was only one and half years removed from being really good not one coming off an FCS 7-4 fourth place SoCon finish.
    Not sure what seasoning you think CTS used, arsenic maybe?

10. Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Only way it makes sense. We are currently going backwards at the moment and mediocre recruiting is not going to turn the tide. Trying to figure out how a you go 7-6, embarrassed by a homeless FBS start up to end of the year, back to back years mid conference pack recruiting in a top three talent state and get an extension? Guess it was just time the auto renewal needs to go, 7 wins should not be rewarded. I guess slogans go a long way. I would think after last year you would wait but he probably came cheap. Here is hope Ruse is OC by the end of the year to turn this around. I like Chad as a human being just as much as anyone on here and pulling for him just as much as anyone because I am a GS fan not a fan boy, but my gut feeling has always been this is not going to end well. He has the Erk motivational factor but I dont think he has the Saban get **** done at all costs factor or the Fritz organizational CEO factor. Also, please stop comparing what Chad did with Fritz, Fritz had and FCS roster not even at full scholarship IIRC. Chad was handed a seasoned FBS program that was only one and half years removed from being really good not one coming off an FCS 7-4 fourth place SoCon finish.
    +1

My thoughts exactly. I just hope this benefits us financially.