TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Lunsford extended through 2024

Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    How many conference titles has Lunsford won?

Our 2015 team would have buried the 2019 team.

Mind you...I'm not even mad at the extension...Lunsford is doing fine...he's good enough.

I'm just not gonna pretend he's Fritz. It's not even close right now. When you look at the analytics, those two Fritz teams were CLEARLY better than the 2018 and 2019 teams. They were better using the "eye test" as well.

Yards per play differential has a reliable correlation with winning.

If you look at yards per play differential...the 2019 team was one of the 5 worst teams we've ever fielded...even worse than our 2006 team.
    And it's not because the defense was doing a terrible job.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    funny story and I posted this awhile back. When I was coach for a day(and wow what a great experience) it was under CM and we were still FCS. Early in the morning I was in CM’s office right before our “coaching day” was to get started, I mentioned to CM how his recruiting was good for being on FCS level and having good “FCS” talent. Let’s just say CM gave me that look and said”who says these guys are JUST FCS talent?”, “these kids are FBS talent”. True story. It was one of my greatest GS experiences.
    Monken knew how to recruit, and--more importantly--he knew how to develop players. He turned both what he inherited and what he recruited into elite G5 talent, basically. Fritz maintained that level of player development, and his schemes probably allowed us to out-talent opponents more than what Monken ran on both sides of the ball.

The top 12 or so players we had each season from 2011-16 performed WAY above our official classification during those seasons. As individuals, I mean.
    Last edited by pete4256; 3rd June 2020 at 11:55 AM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Our 2015 team would have buried the 2019 team.
    Unless the 2019 team had our playcalls, or whatever caused us either to win by 35+ or be held under 100 yards in 2015.

If you look at yards per play differential...the 2019 team was one of the 5 worst teams we've ever fielded...even worse than our 2006 team.
    We were not good in 2019, which makes our winning record even more of an accomplishment. Gotta say, though, YPP differential might have been skewed a bit by playing LSU. Yikes.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Treat others the way you want to be treated and DO RIGHT!!
    Good point, which is why I don't typically call people "retards" or tell jokes about gentlemen of the Polish persuasion. I still give the Jews hell, though.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Monken knew how to recruit, and--more importantly--he knew how to develop players. He turned both what he inherited and what he recruited into elite G5 talent, basically. Fritz maintained that level of player development, and his schemes probably allowed us to out-talent opponents more than what Monken ran on both sides of the ball.

The top 12 or so players we had each season from 2011-16 performed WAY above our official classification during those seasons. As individuals, I mean.
    Concur with this. Monken was awesome at recruiting and developing and left the cupboard full for Fritz. Luckily, Fritz knew what to do with all that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    funny story and I posted this awhile back. When I was coach for a day(and wow what a great experience) it was under CM and we were still FCS. Early in the morning I was in CM’s office right before our “coaching day” was to get started, I mentioned to CM how his recruiting was good for being on FCS level and having good “FCS” talent. Let’s just say CM gave me that look and said”who says these guys are JUST FCS talent?”, “these kids are FBS talent”. True story. It was one of my greatest GS experiences.
    When he tweeted out his congrats for the Sun Belt Championship I knew he was really liking what he was seeing.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Not all heroes wear capes people. Who knew the words, interpreted by one user, on an obscure G5 teams message board could solve the worlds problems. Thanks man you really have made a difference.

Lets all gather together and hold hands. and a one and a two and three

Kum ba yah my Lord, Kum ba yah, Kum ba yah my Lord...OHHHH LAWD KUM BA YAH.
    Wow...I didn’t realize how much I missed you...not. Do you work hard at being a jerk or does it just come naturally? Now I’ll brace myself for your attack on me.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    If the cupboard was not bare for Fritz then it certainly has not been bare for Lunsford.
    The 2014-2015 offenses were better than 2019 at quite literally every position. We probably have better second and third-string backs now but don't have a RB1 as good as Breida was. Pick the people on this board whose opinion you respect the most and ask them about this and I bet you they say they mostly or completely agree.

I do not care that we have "FBS recruits" now or that we weren't at the FBS scholarship level the first two seasons. FBS teams tend to beat FCS teams much more often than not because their starting 22 is better than the FCS starting 22 and because weaker FBS teams tend to schedule weaker FCS teams.

Of course most people agree we have offensive issues beyond personnel and apparently CCL does too since he brought in Doug Ruse, but pretending that CCL didn't have some tough sledding that Fritz didn't have because of the roster and other things beyond his control is being willfully blind.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Wow...I didn’t realize how much I missed you...not. Do you work hard at being a jerk or does it just come naturally? Now I’ll brace myself for your attack on me.
    It will surely be both Respectful and Civil

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    It will surely be both Respectful and Civil
    and spanking fannies will not be uttered(smile)