TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I mean UGA has a mural in their football center that says "Welcome to Atlanta" and "UGATL." Georgia Tech claims the entire 404 area code in their promotional material despite being located only in Midtown Atlanta. Drive on any highway south of Montgomery in Alabama and you'll see billboards that say "You're in Trojan Territory" and "It's T time." Coastal Carolina uses Myrtle Beach in almost every promo video they produce even thought they're located in Conway not Myrtle Beach, but you're right. We're just a little old school in little old Statesboro with nothing unique or recognizable about us. Why do we even have sports?
    First, we all make fun of uga for doing that "welcome to Atl" crap so that's not a good example. We also promote the 912 area code as well and we have billboards in other cities too. That's not the same thing IMO. There is a difference in promoting yourself in a region in your overall marketing plan and putting landmarks from another city directly on your court. We make fun of uga for doing the welcome to Atl because they are not in Atl. I don't want other fans to do the same thing to us because we have Savannah all over our court. Look, I'm not saying I'm perfect or that I'm even right all the time. I'm just saying that this is my OPINION.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

2. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    With the infrastructure fully in place and land ready to go, I wonder what the master plan looks like for a new basketball arena. What type of timing? 10 years? Sooner? Later?

With GAST building a brand new arena soon, I would like to keep up with them - at least for recruiting purposes. However, money is of course the big issue.
    We need to figure out how they convinced the state to pay for theirs.

I think the Statesboro Court house sillhouette would look pretty cool on the court. It's recognizable, was once the image on the wikipedia page defining courthouse, don't know if it still is.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    With the infrastructure fully in place and land ready to go, I wonder what the master plan looks like for a new basketball arena. What type of timing? 10 years? Sooner? Later?

With GAST building a brand new arena soon, I would like to keep up with them - at least for recruiting purposes. However, money is of course the big issue.
    Sounds like a great question for the Tuesday Talks (or whatever they call it) that Benko does . Send it in.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Sounds like a great question for the Tuesday Talks (or whatever they call it) that Benko does . Send it in.
    Both basketball coaches and our volleyball coach have already been guests. Would have been a good question during one of their segments.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

6. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I think the Statesboro Court house sillhouette would look pretty cool on the court. It's recognizable, was once the image on the wikipedia page defining courthouse, don't know if it still is.

I think it would be relatively easy to flesh this out with a few more buildings especially if we open it up to other landmarks in our area. I know it's not what everyone wants, but I like the idea.

I think it would be relatively easy to flesh this out with a few more buildings especially if we open it up to other landmarks in our area. I know it's not what everyone wants, but I like the idea.
    The only thing I dislike about skyline and some of the busier court designs is that I feel like refs have a hard enough time as it is. I've seen some courts where it's a little difficult to distinguish some of the boundaries

Would be neat to have that on one side and the hedges, trees, and admin building on the other.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

9. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    The only thing I dislike about skyline and some of the busier court designs is that I feel like refs have a hard enough time as it is. I've seen some courts where it's a little difficult to distinguish some of the boundaries
    I hadn’t thought of that. I know that was a complaint when the Cajuns had their old court with the trees on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I am happy to pass along some information that has been shared with me. The funding for the Hanner court project is a designated gift that we received. The project is an important one as we want to project our best image. We want our court to show well on television. That may be our first chance to show Georgia Southern to a potential recruit.
    Do you know if it's this gift or another?
    https://gseagles.com/news/2019/2/15/...?path=football