TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I voted #4. To me, the "GS" will always be a baseball logo. I started at GS in 1999 and for 15 years or so it was the baseball logo. Cole Swindell became popular and now we're slapping it on everything, adding to the already large number of logos in circulation. I dont think it's a bad logo, but I wouldnt want it to be our primary athletic logo either.
    my thoughts have been especially after losing our GSU, expand the GS logo. So were are known as GS/George Southen. On most things like shirts etc GS written out under that whimsy eagle head is difficult to read, “too busy”, not very clean and powerful, just IMO. Of course from day 1 I didn’t care for our current athletic logo.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    my thoughts have been especially after losing our GSU, expand the GS logo. So were are known as GS/George Southen. On most things like shirts etc GS written out under that whimsy eagle head is difficult to read, “too busy”, not very clean and powerful, just IMO. Of course from day 1 I didn’t care for our current athletic logo.
    We had this "GS" logo - it served the same purpose as the interlocking GS and also tied into our primary logos with the eagle head. But it got scrapped for the Eagle Head with Georgia Southern spelled out.

3. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Agreed. There's something very FCS about the eagle head with the Georgia Southern spelled out under it. I can't help but notice that our conference mates have all removed lettering from theirs in favor of a simple, clean logo. App State, Georgia State, and Coastal have all recently done this.

I'm in favor of expanding the use of the GS baseball logo and using the eagle head without lettering. Use "Struttin' Gus" as a throwback logo, and scrap all the rest.

4. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

I think the GS written out is plenty clear and powerful smack in the middle of the basketball court.

I like the interlocking GS, it’s on half my gear and I wish we would add it to (at least one side) the football helmets but that’s much less powerful in the center of the court. That should just be in the paint, or baselines. JMHO

5. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    The new conference logo looks like a high school logo. Give me last year’s court over any of these. Seems to be a whole lot of change for the sake of change.
    +1

I am not against change, but IMO the current court is better than these. And, if option 4 wins than why even change it, just repaint the new goofy SB logo. Not sure why we would replace the logo with an all brown version of the same logo.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    We had this "GS" logo - it served the same purpose as the interlocking GS and also tied into our primary logos with the eagle head. But it got scrapped for the Eagle Head with Georgia Southern spelled out.

When we used this logo, I remember walking into a hotel prior to a matchup at Elon & there was a sign that said "Welcome Georgia Southern football".

A lady saw this logo on our shirts & said "oh, Georgia State...."

Will someone please post a photo of our current logo on Hanner ? Why get away from school colors? What’s with the brown? You think Clemson, UNC, LSU or Duke would forsake their brand for a bland neutral tone of browns? Think about all the choices that are proposed. Nothing comes close to our current court logo, it looks great on TV. Why waste money? We can do better than this and spend $$ on something more meaningful.

Probably not a lot of cost involved in the grand scheme of things. Burg wants to put his stamp out there and this is an easy way to do something “new” in Hanner. I voted 4 because when we have highlights of basketball I want Georgia Southern spelled out on the court. I like the state in the background. It says we are Georgia Southern and we dominate this state. JMHO but I’ve been to a lot of games at Hanner since 1978 and would be 1 of 12 fans watching us win 5 ballgames prior to our coach K coming on board. Hanner to me now is as good as any place to watch a game or to play. The only thing missing are fans. I’m telling you when FK got things rolling our student section was packed into those bleachers and there was no where to sit. You either moved to the top or stood the whole game. Worst thing that happened was putting those seats in there instead of bleachers. They should have just put seats on the old folks side ( where I am now) and left bleachers for the younguns! I didn’t like the switch either but I understand the reason why it was changed. All in all, much cleaner experience in Hanner, just doesn’t have the energy.

9. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    When we used this logo, I remember walking into a hotel prior to a matchup at Elon & there was a sign that said "Welcome Georgia Southern football".

A lady saw this logo on our shirts & said "oh, Georgia State...."

I hope you slapped her dumb ***.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Did the bank account dry up? Football funds the athletic programs and we should be playing this year.
    Did you read the part where we are anticipating 25-33% attendance? You think that might hurt ticket revenue a bit?