TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

1. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Twitter is the only source that really gives a good count, but based on comments on Facebook, I think the results are similar. We won't know for sure until they reveal the completed project.
    Thanks. I am not a Twitter member/follower, so I did not know. It is good that opinions were solicited.

Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Why don't we take the "generous donation" and spend it on something better.

Just run over to Whitfield and get a couple of stickers to cover the old Sunbelt logo and send the conference the bill.

The place has not been full since the TAAC championship 30 years ago anyway.
    You are on a roll, aren’t you?
    The place has been full several times in the last two years alone, much less the last 30 years.

Why don't we take the "generous donation" and spend it on something better.

Just run over to Whitfield and get a couple of stickers to cover the old Sunbelt logo and send the conference the bill.

That can't be done if it was a restricted gift.

And I have been in Hanner numerous times since then when it was at fire marshal capacity.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    The place has been full several times in the last two years alone, much less the last 30 years.
    There’s so many grumpy people that can’t be happy unless it suits “their” exact wants or needs.

It’s akin the people that just like to argue for the sake of arguing. Can’t let peace happen without throwing that extra barb.

You’re losing some of the credibility you have left with statements like this.

Hail southern

6. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Yep.....since a bunch the seats near the top were taken out.
    What the what does that have to do with anything... the fact is the place has been filled, multiple times.

7. Default Re: Help Vote new court design for Hanner on social media

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    There’s so many grumpy people that can’t be happy unless it suits “their” exact wants or needs.

It’s akin the people that just like to argue for the sake of arguing. Can’t let peace happen without throwing that extra barb.
    In all seriousness, why can’t people have an opinion about the court being perfectly fine the way it is? What’s wrong with enjoying a huge colorful primarily logo smack in the middle that stands out on TV? What’s next, a green logo on the 50 yard line, to “enhance our image?”

The ridiculous irony here is that many people that are suddenly pro-changing of the court are (IMO) the same people that would be defending the current court if somebody on this site arbitrarily started a thread about repainting it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    In all seriousness, why can’t people have an opinion about the court being perfectly fine the way it is? What’s wrong with enjoying a huge colorful primarily logo smack in the middle that stands out on TV? What’s next, a green logo on the 50 yard line, to “enhance our image?”

The ridiculous irony here is that many people that are suddenly pro-changing of the court are (IMO) the same people that would be defending the current court if somebody on this site arbitrarily started a thread about repainting it, lol.
    My comment was more directed to not being able to please all the people all the time as opposed to whether or not differentiating opinions are a big deal.

I like it is like it (and better than any options). But if it’s being changed, I’m voting.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    For Georgia State students have been turned away the last 2 seasons because Hanner was packed. App gets a really good crowd too I believe.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"