TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Army and Troy Home and Home

1. Default Re: Army and Troy Home and Home

After military engagements there is always an “after action report”, after the Challenger disaster there was months of investigation into what happened and why so as not to have a repeat disaster. In politics and the corporate world there are oversight committees and boards to delve into mistakes and place responsibility. In our case the administration basically ignored the situation and the response was “things just did not work out”. I believe we should have an accountability committee made up of fans and contributors (not Athletic Department people) chosen by Southern Boosters to interview all involved when there is a situation as damaging to the program as the Fritz/Summers saga. This was as close to a program killing period that We can experience and still continue football. I am still not sold on Lunsford and the jury is out for one more year as to whether we have another contentious change at the top. At least now we have a higher class but not highly experienced AD to pilot the ship.

Default Re: Army and Troy Home and Home

Nm
    Last edited by half-n-half; 28th May 2020 at 07:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Why. So ARMY can embarrass us? Pass.
    How could Army embarrass us?

Army mainly runs the the Flex option, that most say couldn't work any more as stated by other teams in the Erk era, with a little pistol option mixed in.

That and while Army went to 3 strait Bowls & won them in the last several years they have not done well. Still they are at the bottom of the Academies as far as victories. I guess Monken hasn't done to bad at Amy. I mean Army use to be ranked constantly in the bottom 10 before Monken went to Army.

Sadly you really can't say that any type of triple option teams can win consistently, so say some!.. ;-)
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    After military engagements there is always an “after action report”, after the Challenger disaster there was months of investigation into what happened and why so as not to have a repeat disaster. In politics and the corporate world there are oversight committees and boards to delve into mistakes and place responsibility. In our case the administration basically ignored the situation and the response was “things just did not work out”. I believe we should have an accountability committee made up of fans and contributors (not Athletic Department people) chosen by Southern Boosters to interview all involved when there is a situation as damaging to the program as the Fritz/Summers saga. This was as close to a program killing period that We can experience and still continue football. I am still not sold on Lunsford and the jury is out for one more year as to whether we have another contentious change at the top. At least now we have a higher class but not highly experienced AD to pilot the ship.
    INTERESTING!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

South Alabama and Ole Miss. going to be playing a home and home.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    He had done nothing of note and there was a long list of viable candidates that were better on paper. Recruiting at uga is not hard if you are as driven as Kirby and Fritz has taken Tulane's recruiting to another level and doing well sans McGee. Anything would have been better than Summers so easy to say we should have hired him. I know the G5 and the Belt gets looked down upon nationally but when just about any FBS job opens up, especially one with a winning history in a talent rich area, there is no shortage of interest and absolutely no reason just to hire a guy from the former staff, in fact I think it is down right negligent for an AD to do so unless success can be directly linked to the staff member. That is usually limited to the OC and DC IF the head coach is not calling the plays on that side of the ball. Imagine if we would just have handed the reigns over to Ruse and kept that offense going....
    wait......does that mean JDC and KJ are actually agreeing on something????? I think this pandemic is really having an effect on the earth's rotation or something and we are about to begin the apocalypse. Kiss your loved ones......it's near!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    No offense, but fans and boosters have no business being involved with any type of after action report or "investigation" like you are suggesting. It is the responsibility of the administration above the people (or person) that made the decision to vet the decision and figure out why it happened or what may or may not have been done differently.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

8. Default Re: Army and Troy Home and Home

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    South Alabama and Ole Miss. going to be playing a home and home.
    Well that’s disappointing. Smh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al....outputType=amp

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    i don’t understand sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i don’t understand sometimes.
    What's hard to understand..... brand new 40K seat stadium that is about 30-45 minutes from your state line or a 20K seat 30 year old stadium that is nine hours away.

We'll find out really quickly if TK was the reason that we were not getting P5 H&H's. If Benko gets one soon then we know TK was the issue. If Benko, with his P5 connections and very open personality can't get one, then its a combination of one or two things.....The Boro, Paulson, or the potential of losing to us. I would doubt that it's the potential of losing to us since they are willing to pay us to come to their place and could potential lose to us anyway.