TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 99 of 124 FirstFirst ... 979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You actually just further proved his point. Where are these family members safer....with the teenager in the house or away from the teenager until January?
    And it's not just that.

Once choice involves them and the people they live with (assiming football players tend to room together) getting tested frequently and spending less time around campus and around town.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    And it's not just that.

Once choice involves them and the people they live with (assiming football players tend to room together) getting tested frequently and spending less time around campus and around town.

Trust me I get it. Both the players and their families are safer if college football is played this season. For some reason it has taken a strong movement by players and parents pushing for a season for this is even start to be remotely recognized.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    They're safer if the kid does not bring home big doses of the virus, however that is best managed.

Well Iím pretty sure if the kid does not go home then he cannot bring home the virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Weíre down to the Group of 3. Hang tight Sunbelt!

Mountain West is done

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt as this is just some random person that posted on the internet.

But a poster on the r/CFB cancellation megathread said that they are close with someone who works within the Sun Belt, and they are 'preparing for a shutdown'.

Again....huge grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Well Iím pretty sure if the kid does not go home then he cannot bring home the virus.
    That would be the most effective option of all. But it amounts to a group quarantine. I'm not sure how that would go over with players, or how it would be enforced. Given a choice between that and no season, it sounds pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Take this with a HUGE grain of salt as this is just some random person that posted on the internet.

But a poster on the r/CFB cancellation megathread said that they are close with someone who works within the Sun Belt, and they are 'preparing for a shutdown'.

Again....huge grain of salt.
    Huuuuge grain. Sun Belt says they are playing.

Once all the college dominoes fall, high school sports will be next. If million dollar college football operations canít do it safely how the heck can high schools justify it on a shoestring budget. Kind of surprised we arenít there yet.