TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 112 of 124 FirstFirst ... 110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1237

Thread: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

  1. #1111

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Haha...well it was very obvious that there was going to be a political/cultural divide on this one.

    If anyone thought the southern states were going to give up college football as easy as the Pac12 or Big10, they probably don't fully understand the dynamics or the predictability of human beings.

    Been watching college football long enough to know this would happen.

    Obviously the SEC, ACC, and Big12 may fold on this...but the fact that they haven't already is quite telling.
    It's a sad state of affairs, but let's face it, whether or not people have a sense of normalcy in the fall is going to affect who is more likely to take gold medals in "the games" this November.

    It can be hard to find a balance between protecting people's livelihoods and protecting people's health and you can give state and city leaders the benefit of the doubt they're doing what they think is best, but I don't see any cogent argument for having campuses and dorms open and not having a football season when one choice is arguably makes players safer from covid and is better for the bottom line.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  2. #1112
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,594

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs, but let's face it, whether or not people have a sense of normalcy in the fall is going to affect who is more likely to take gold medals in "the games" this November.

    It can be hard to find a balance between protecting people's livelihoods and protecting people's health and you can give state and city leaders the benefit of the doubt they're doing what they think is best, but I don't see any cogent argument for having campuses and dorms open and not having a football season when one choice is arguably makes players safer from covid and is better for the bottom line.

    The only way to know for sure would be for the Big10 and Pac12 to continue testing their players and then compare that with the results the Big12, ACC, and SEC are getting as the season goes on. With everybody involved having full transparency and reporting honest numbers. But we all know that isn’t going to happen. On either side.
    Last edited by half-n-half; 13th August 2020 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  3. #1113
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    12,090

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?


  4. #1114

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post

    And there you have it in all the graphic glory

    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

  5. #1115
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    28,231

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    So when is Fort Sumter going to fire the first shot?


  6. #1116

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Haha...well it was very obvious that there was going to be a political/cultural divide on this one.

    If anyone thought the southern states were going to give up college football as easy as the Pac12 or Big10, they probably don't fully understand the dynamics or the predictability of human beings.

    Been watching college football long enough to know this would happen.

    Obviously the SEC, ACC, and Big12 may fold on this...but the fact that they haven't already is quite telling.
    +1000

  7. #1117

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Urban Meyer was asked whether the SEC was the best league in college football or whether the Big 10 had caught up...

    I'm paraphrasing, but he basically said it's the SEC and it's not even close. The primary reason is because every single SEC team simply cares more. Everything is more intense. College football is part of the DNA in the SEC footprint whereas it's a fun little pastime for most Big 10 schools.

    I think the coronavirus has highlighted that distinction.

  8. #1118
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Bluffton S.C.
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    So when is Fort Sumter going to fire the first shot?
    Fort Sumter was the receiver.

  9. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post

    Imagine showing this map to someone in like 2015 and making them guess what it means

  10. #1120

    Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geech View Post
    Fort Sumter was the receiver.
    Allegedly.

Similar Threads

  1. will their be a 2020 football season???? ;-(
    By TALON in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 25th April 2020, 07:16 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th June 2019, 09:50 AM
  3. The College Football season started today
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24th August 2014, 07:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •