TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

1. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    There's one gruesome detail about her injuries that I'd get banned for talking about openly. But it absolutely was not a frivolous lawsuit.
    And what did McDonald's do to cause said injuries to such locations? (Did the employee actually spill the coffee? Did the plaintiff not exercise an appropriate level of care?)

Would tMcDonald's liability have been lessened had these injuries been to a man? An ugly man? A fat, ugly man??

(The answer is yes. Because civil liability has little to do with fact or logic. It's a system which is very easily gamed.... All you gotta do is find the right kind of jury.)

And seriously folks..... We know what a cup of "hot" coffee can cost a company (nonlethal situation.) Who on Earth lunatic is gonna fill a stadium full of potential covid spreaders?

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

There's one gruesome detail about her injuries that I'd get banned for talking about openly. But it absolutely was not a frivolous lawsuit.
    I think it was a ridiculous lawsuit. McDonald's should sue her for being a retard and spilling it on herself. I mean enough is enough and I deal with these type of people every day owning my own business. The majority of people are amazing and great to deal with (85%) . The rest....always want something for nothing and nickel and diming wether on the front end of the deal (which I am fine with negotiating) or after the job is done which pisses me. Lots of people are pieces of sh#/ and I am fortunate enough now that I am out of corporate life I can pick and choose my clients. If i go into golds gym tomorrow morning and tear my bicep from lifting should i sue them? This works is fuc$>,^ nuts and the majority of people are cry baby puss_/%$$ . Stop believing the media crap, go back to life as usual, if you feel unsafe stay home.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

And if I am McDonalds I ban that person from any McDonalds location for life. Hell , I have blocked idiots and their family before. I would gladly lose business than deal with an unreasonable idiot. Everyone be your own boss if you can!!
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    To tie this into the post above.....even on a cruise ship the only way to prove thatís where it came from is to be tested the second you step on the ship and it is negative. Then the second before you step off the ship you are tested and itís positive.
    I was thinking of a two week cruise where say
    someone was tested before they got on but contracted the disease towards the end of the cruise
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

From JB's post

you can bet money that GA will have something that either mentions or strongly implies FB is covered

• Federal Or State COVID-19 Immunity – Many states will also pass their own versions and/or governors may issue temporary immunity proclamations. The governor of AL recently issued the first COVID immunity proclamation. These statutes and proclamations will provide much needed relief but will exempt willful or reckless disregard for COVID-19 mitigation best practices.
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

6. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I think it was a ridiculous lawsuit. McDonald's should sue her for being a retard and spilling it on herself. I mean enough is enough and I deal with these type of people every day owning my own business. The majority of people are amazing and great to deal with (85%) . The rest....always want something for nothing and nickel and diming wether on the front end of the deal (which I am fine with negotiating) or after the job is done which pisses me. Lots of people are pieces of sh#/ and I am fortunate enough now that I am out of corporate life I can pick and choose my clients. If i go into golds gym tomorrow morning and tear my bicep from lifting should i sue them? This works is fuc$>,^ nuts and the majority of people are cry baby puss_/%$$ . Stop believing the media crap, go back to life as usual, if you feel unsafe stay home.
    I thought it was ridiculous until I watched the documentary...this is ME we're talking about...the world's biggest skeptic.

The coffee thing wasn't that ridiculous after I saw the facts. McDonald's was serving coffee at a temperature SO above necessary that they actually crossed the line into reckless.

You have to think about this...any REASONABLE restaurant would assume that a "dumb ***" patron MIGHT spill coffee on themselves at some point by accident. When they do, said coffee is going to burn them (of course), but should not be so insanely hot that it burns through you like molten lava. You absolutely would have sued McDonald's as well and you would have been justified.

With that being said, I agree with your GENERAL idea that people are too litigious and want to sue for EVERYTHING. However, just because you WANT to sue someone doesn't mean you have a leg to stand on. It also doesn't mean you'll be successful. Frivolous suits get thrown out daily.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 24th May 2020 at 06:25 AM.

7. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Y'all are confusing logic and common sense with our tort system.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything..... People game the system all the time.

Remember the lady who spilled hot coffee in her lap at McDonald's? Yep. Cost that company several million-because, guess what? Coffee is hot.

There are so many similar examples....

No matter how meritless, idiotic, stupid, and flat-out moronic a case may be, it will still cost the defendant a lot of money. The defendant must always defend itself-against every single idiotic suit.

The business of ambulance-chasing law is a perfect example.... That little fender-bender will be settled out-of-court for 80% policy limits, all day every day. That's an easy 20K to 50K or so for an hour or two on the phone and filing a paper or two down at the courthouse. (Insurance companies pay these things all day vs go to trial. They DO NOT want to risk an adverse judgement. They know paying people to settle is much cheaper than the odd $10M or $20M or $100 million court trial. Often they settle for somewhere near policy limits, but if the case involves serious injury they will calculate something close to court costs plus pain and suffering and settle for that. Usually a few hundred grand.)

Bottom line is there are thousands and thousands of stupid, meritless, disgusting, crap cases settled out-of-court every single day.

A stadium full of people who can do that? No way in blazing hell is any school gonna risk it.

When I think of stuff like this, I am reminded of my late friend Pete..... He was a lawyer's lawyer. He could spin some awesome tales. He had a way of working a room.... Old Pete would confuse/surprise/entertain/delight a jury into doing anything he wanted.

The school knows people like him are out there. Every school knows it. They will not risk in-person public attendance unless/until we have some kind of really good testing protocol (results of which would be a requirement for entrance into the stadium,) or we have a vaccine.

All good points about the difficulty of proving causation, everyone knowing and assuming the risk and such.... Those are logical and pertinent points... But logic has nothing to do with civil liability cases in the U.S.

My boy Pete (or someone as good) would put dead "Paw-Paw's" sweet little granddaughter on the stand and have her turn on the water works...... "If only my Grandpappy hadn't gone to get more fries..... He come back and said he didn't like that fella coughing next to him-and now he is DEAD!!!! My Granny is done got it too, she prolly won't make it, the doctors say...." The jury would absolutely lose their minds.... Pete knew how good he was, and so did everyone else. There are plenty of lawyers out there who are just as good.

The school knows it. They will not take the risk.

(Like I mentioned earlier, it is possible that a really good testing protocol could become widespread by the fall..... Some kind of test-results card might happen. That possibly could provide enough cover that the school would take the chance. Without that sort of thing in place, we absolutely will not see fans in the stands this fall.)
    You realize none of this is going to matter because politicians can just pass a bill granting immunity from these types of suits right?

Even if schools WERE as scares as you think (they aren't)...one bill takes away any reason to worry about it.

8. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

I've never seen a guy pretend to be an expert at so many things.

First he's an epidemiologist. Now he's a lawyer.

9. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

I'm so over the hyperbole about the dangers of this virus.

It's bad....but it's not apocalyptic bad.

I LEGITIMATELY worry more about dying on my commute to get toilet paper than I do about the coronavirus.

That's how I know it isn't worth all this nonsense fake debating going on. Let it run it's course so all these folks can shut up and we can go back to real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    You know what is a bigger risk to the school is than lawsuits? Not having a football season.
    This right here. A lawsuit isn't going to kill entire academic departments and sports programs.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.