TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 98 of 126 FirstFirst ... 96979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFUS View Post
    but only until NOVEMBER
    You'll see what BS that is come November.

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    So let me see if I have this straight...

Instead of participating in team activities and getting frequent testing, we need to not test them and to let players do more mingling and cavorting on colleges campus with mostly 18-22 year olds who aren't going to be overly conscientious about the spread of the disease, all in the name of player safety. Do I have that right?
    No because of the same reason discussed over and over. These players have mothers and father and grandparents, many of whom have diabetes, high blood pressure, or obesity. It's not just them; it's their families.

The other unknown is lasting side effects from minor infections, and there's some evidence of that in young people.

So, No, covid parties still do not make sense. Just wear a mask and breath in one or two little covid guys now and then, and maybe you will get symptomless immunity if you are lucky, and meanwhile you will not pass on big doses to vulnerable people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    No because of the same reason discussed over and over. These players have mothers and father and grandparents, many of whom have diabetes, high blood pressure, or obesity. It's not just them; it's their families.

You actually just further proved his point. Where are these family members safer....with the teenager in the house or away from the teenager until January?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Reading between the lines I think the Big10 completely misread the room and is having to do an about face today. Tons of coaches and players parents supporting a season.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You actually just further proved his point. Where are these family members safer....with the teenager in the house or away from the teenager until January?
    They're safer if the kid does not bring home big doses of the virus, however that is best managed.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    And it's not just that.

Once choice involves them and the people they live with (assiming football players tend to room together) getting tested frequently and spending less time around campus and around town.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    And it's not just that.

Once choice involves them and the people they live with (assiming football players tend to room together) getting tested frequently and spending less time around campus and around town.

Trust me I get it. Both the players and their families are safer if college football is played this season. For some reason it has taken a strong movement by players and parents pushing for a season for this is even start to be remotely recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    They're safer if the kid does not bring home big doses of the virus, however that is best managed.

Well I’m pretty sure if the kid does not go home then he cannot bring home the virus.

We’re down to the Group of 3. Hang tight Sunbelt!

Mountain West is done