TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: will their be a 2020 football season???? ;-(

Default Re: will their be a 2020 football season???? ;-(

Mike Gundy basically demands that his players be allowed back to campus on May 1st, which ruins my $20 bet on Mike Leach to be the first coach to come out, declare the pandemic a non-issue, and demand a return to football.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We don't need a vaccine to carry on with our lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    The public health officials guiding public policy don't agree
    I also remember all the political experts saying there was no way Donald Trump could get elected.

All I'm saying is...I'll see you at Paulson this fall. You heard it here first.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 8th April 2020 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    3x the transmissibility of flu.

3x the mortality.

Super long incubation period, and many carriers who are entirely asymptomatic.

Even if things settle down this summer, I still can’t imagine stadiums to be allowed to be filled with folks if this bug is still a threat.

Just look at how it caught everyone off guard. Best scientists in the world, best epidemiologists-and all of them are pretty much spitballing at how bad this will be.. All of Europe, most of the western world caught completely off guard. This thing spread everywhere before anyone had a clue it could be here.

It’s not a matter of smart. It’s a matter of honest.

And if we are being honest, we won’t see stadiums full of fans anywhere until an effective vaccine is distributed.

As much as it pains me, I think TV is the best we can hope for.
    You are missing the point.

I also remember all the political experts saying there was no way Donald Trump could get elected.

I hope you're right
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

+1 with 20,211 fans wearing GATA masks, purchased for 15.95 at book store or associated venders at all GS parking venues.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    The public health officials guiding public policy don't agree
    So, we’ll shelter in place for what, 12 more months until a vaccine is produced? Who is still recommending that?
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

P.S.: Have a nice day!

There's a difference between opening businesses and restaurants back up and having packed arenas for sporting events and concerts

What's the difference? We have open seating at work so I'm like 2-3 feet from 2 coworkers in the middle table not to mention the other side where there are 2 more within 6 feet. I go to the break room at lunch and sit around and next to folks. I take MARTA to work and pack into a train with hundreds of others and exposed to thousands in transit. I'm touching the seats or holding on the the bars, and touching the escalator handle. While it's not 20K or 100K I'm still in close proximity with thousands of people a day.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    What's the difference? We have open seating at work so I'm like 2-3 feet from 2 coworkers in the middle table not to mention the other side where there are 2 more within 6 feet. I go to the break room at lunch and sit around and next to folks. I take MARTA to work and pack into a train with hundreds of others and exposed to thousands in transit. I'm touching the seats or holding on the the bars, and touching the escalator handle. While it's not 20K or 100K I'm still in close proximity with thousands of people a day.
    If I were you, I would reorder my life and make some changes. At the very least stay off of MARTA. Until there is a shot for this. I don't see anything getting back close to normal until there is one.

By June 1st the model for GA says its just about ALL gone. Start preparing to come out of the bunkers, this thing like it or not is winding down. Next 2 weeks lots of deaths, so don't go wacky worry, there predicted. This really starts to nose dive positive nose dive, mid may. The sky isn't falling, there is a fairly quick end to this.