TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

The team was blindsided by their coach leaving, so the answer is to transfer into an unknown situation? It's not the new coach's fault Byington flew the coop. My mentality would be to win the whole thing and show Byington that he made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    The team was blindsided by their coach leaving, so the answer is to transfer into an unknown situation? It's not the new coach's fault Byington flew the coop. My mentality would be to win the whole thing and show Byington that he made a mistake.
    For sure
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Guys, the main reason a kid comes here is because of the coach, their loyalty is to the coach in most cases, not the school. Wouldn’t be surprised to see McCaddan next to enter portal. Now I have better understanding of Byington comments, “my #1 priority is to keep the players here(JMU)”. Of course we have no idea of what Burg has done so far to contact our team members?

This is very disappointing to me.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    This is very disappointing to me.
    we just have to see how this all plays out. this isn't football where you got 100 guys on roster, things like this ie, coaching change can really screw up a team/program. Lets hope Burg is the guy. Plus who knows maybe Calvin and Quan will be back. I have no idea and Burg needs to start talking!

My guess is Calvin either returns or ends up some place closer to home. Quan did in fact graduate apparently so I guess he'll end up at JMU. We're going to find out real quick like what to expect from Burg recruiting wise because we need to gas the up the tank, quickly.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    we just have to see how this all plays out. this isn't football where you got 100 guys on roster, things like this ie, coaching change can really screw up a team/program. Lets hope Burg is the guy. Plus who knows maybe Calvin and Quan will be back. I have no idea and Burg needs to start talking!
    Today's his first official day on the job.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Guys, the main reason a kid comes here is because of the coach, their loyalty is to the coach in most cases, not the school. Wouldn’t be surprised to see McCaddan next to enter portal. Now I have better understanding of Byington comments, “my #1 priority is to keep the players here(JMU)”. Of course we have no idea of what Burg has done so far to contact our team members?
    That may be the case, but once you get to a place and develop a bond with your teammates and friends, that's usually what keeps teams together.

Or to transfer into his new conference and beat him a couple times.

That may be the case, but once you get to a place and develop a bond with your teammates and friends, that's usually what keeps teams together.
    That's what you would think.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987