TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I was saying that since April 1st, I spoke of the "if's" a week ago and was admonished, well, the if's seem to be happening and the cup board is bare.
    you said Byington left the cup board bare, that's just not the case. He left a good roster that was light with bigs but overall the roster had lots of talent. guys transfering out is not on him.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    you said Byington left the cup board bare, that's just not the case. He left a good roster that was light with bigs but overall the roster had lots of talent. guys transfering out is not on him.
    no, BUT for whatever reasons, the cup board is bare. Even if Mark recruited 2 great bigs, I doubt they would have came with the coaching change. Coach Burg will need all our support, MAJOR rebuilding mode coming up.

It happens with every coaching change in every sport. If Burg is what everyone says he is, we'll be fine!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Maybe he brings in a couple of studs with him that he was looking at while at Texas Tech. That's the way these things go in today's game. I'm not ready to talk about bare cupboards until I see who is actually on next year's team.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Well, the campus is BEAUTIFUL, their Arena is nice. They were 21-10 last season, seeded 3rd in their conference tourney. Not a bad place to go to school.
    Nothing he didn't already have here. When someone who seemed happy here just ups and leaves, I always wonder why. Certainly wasn't a playing time issue. And if it was just about Mark leaving, he would have followed him to JMU.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    If we fail to hold onto Calvin, Quan, and Byrd (the freshman guard we signed) I fear Burg may not have passed his first test as a recruiter. I don't think I can say for sure because you're always going to have some kind of attrition with coaching changes but going 0 for 3 on these guys is not a good sign I'm afraid.

And I don't really care what restrictions the NCAA has on recruiting, everyone has the same restrictions and Burg ought to be able to meet guys already on the team face to face anyways.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 6th April 2020 at 08:16 AM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If we fail to hold onto Calvin, Quan, and Byrd (the freshman guard we signed) I fear Burg may not have passed his first test as a recruiter. I don't think I can say for sure because you're always going to have this kind of attrition but going 0 for 3 on these guys is not a good sign I'm afraid.

And I don't really care what restrictions the NCAA has on recruiting, everyone has the same restrictions and Burg ought to be able to meet guys already on the team face to face anyways.

My Lord, can we just keep the faith !!
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If we fail to hold onto Calvin, Quan, and Byrd (the freshman guard we signed) I fear Burg may not have passed his first test as a recruiter. I don't think I can say for sure because you're always going to have some kind of attrition with coaching changes but going 0 for 3 on these guys is not a good sign I'm afraid.

Why would the situation he's walking into be a fail on his first recruiting test? Good gracious, give the man a chance to actually bring in some players.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Nothing he didn't already have here. When someone who seemed happy here just ups and leaves, I always wonder why. Certainly wasn't a playing time issue. And if it was just about Mark leaving, he would have followed him to JMU.
    Perhaps they offered a major that he couldn't pursue at GS. Maybe he has friends from home who go there who he wants to be closer to. Maybe he has family in the area. Maybe he wants to go to a school that is literally on the beach. Who knows? I for one appreciate his willingness to come to GS in the first place all the way from Minnesota and thank him for the time he spent here.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    ”seems” happy. I have my doubts Calvin was that happy.