TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

1. Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    Quan isn’t coming back, he’s a grad transfer. JMU or a school in Florida, close to home, is a real possibility.

With Calvin we have a slightly better chance at keeping him. But since he’s from Minnesota, my guess is he will try to move closer to home.
    +1

IMO both student athletes are testing the waters for a “better” opportunity and QJ is more likely to be offered one.

Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Maybe Quan wants to play for a team that actually has a chance at making the tournament like FSU or UF.
    Quan is use to starting and players like to play. He not going to start and minutes will be reduced if he went to one of those schools. Plus throw in how much his family like to watch him play and its his final season, I just can't see him going somewhere where he is not guaranteed a lot of minutes. If he went to one of those schools it would be a huge gamble on his part. His role on the team would be completely different than it has been at GS.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Quan is use to starting and players like to play. He not going to start and minutes will be reduced if he went to one of those schools. Plus throw in how much his family like to watch him play and its his final season, I just can't see him going somewhere where he is not guaranteed a lot of minutes. If he went to one of those schools it would be a huge gamble on his part. His role on the team would be completely different than it has been at GS.
    dont forget Florida Gulf Coast, North Florida. Those two schools we have played over past few years. I also could see Quan fit in nicely with FSU. FSU uses their entire bench each game so Quan would get playing time there imo.

He’s a graduate. He’s free to go anywhere without sitting out a season. He has options.
    Just because he's a graduate doesn't mean that he's automatically gone. How many 5th year seniors play at the same place they started every year? Yes, he has options, and one of them is to stay at GS. He even said so specifically in his post about it. I'm not saying he is or isn't. But to say he's automatically gone just because he put his name in the portal is not true.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Anyone remember the movie “A Simple Plan” with Billy Bob Thornton and Bill Paxton? I watched that again tonight and noticed it’s based in Wishart’s home town of Delano, MN. I’ve been to the July 4th parade there a couple times. Sorry....slow news day.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    dont forget Florida Gulf Coast, North Florida. Those two schools we have played over past few years. I also could see Quan fit in nicely with FSU. FSU uses their entire bench each game so Quan would get playing time there imo.
    The original poster said FSU and UF because of playing in the NCAA tournament. I agree there are plenty of Florida schools he can go to and start and be an all-conference type player, but FSU and UF are not two of them. At those two schools IMO he would play a very limited role. I'm not saying he wouldn't play.

He could start at Florida, possibly. They aren’t very good. Florida State is a different story.

Speaking of the Portal, GS football, Ward(lb) and Singletary(safety) declared, now in portal.

The original poster said FSU and UF because of playing in the NCAA tournament. I agree there are plenty of Florida schools he can go to and start and be an all-conference type player, but FSU and UF are not two of them. At those two schools IMO he would play a very limited role. I'm not saying he wouldn't play.
    i think at FSU with their HC’s philosophy majority of the TEAM plays a “limited” role. So no Quan wouldn’t get 20-33 min a game but with his length and defensive ability oh yes Quan imo would be out there and it wouldn’t just be in garbage time. Last year FSU was on tv it seemed weekly, great exposure. Plus, if CY sweet talks him.

Yeah, I love Quan, but if you're a slasher guard like him you need to shoot free throws better to play in the SEC or ACC.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 4th April 2020 at 07:17 AM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.