TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i thought Calvin was a better fit at a 2 but imo still not good that he wants out. As far as recruiting Calvin knew what was coming in vs what not coming in. Tough to win with just a bunch of little guys running around.
    Agree with him being a better fit at the 2. He was our best 3pt shooter at 38% and I believe that could go up with him playin off the ball a little more. He was adequate as a primary ball handler, and we missed that part of his game when he went out, but that pressure detracted from other parts of his game IMO. Also read where coach burg teaches the fundamentals of shooting well so that should help our players also. All that said, hoping he returns next season.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    Burg was in on a 6-6 wing from GA while at TT. If he can swing him and bring in a solid JUCO big we can take that next step.
    lots of “if’s”. If Calvin comes back, if Quan comes back, if the GA 6’6” guy picks GS over Texas Tech etc... we will see, not sure of being too optimistic for next season. Maybe he can bring in some guys.

Quote Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
    Agree with him being a better fit at the 2. He was our best 3pt shooter at 38% and I believe that could go up with him playin off the ball a little more. He was adequate as a primary ball handler, and we missed that part of his game when he went out, but that pressure detracted from other parts of his game IMO. Also read where coach burg teaches the fundamentals of shooting well so that should help our players also. All that said, hoping he returns next season.

Hail southern
    +1 on all your points, especially about Calvin.

lots of “if’s”. If Calvin comes back, if Quan comes back, if the GA 6’6” guy picks GS over Texas Tech etc... we will see, not sure of being too optimistic for next season. Maybe he can bring in some guys.
    What’s wrong with being optimistic just for the fun of it? Cynicism corrodes the vessel it is carried in.
    And don’t give me “well that’s just reality” blah blah blah blah blah…..
    Last edited by MikeSanders; 31st March 2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    What’s wrong with being optimistic just for the fun of it? Cynicism corrodes the vessel is carried in.

Agreed I don’t even think you have to go as far as being optimistic. Just be realistic with the facts we have now. There’s all the “if Quan comes back”...and he’s not even in the portal. The UAB guy nor McCadden are in the portal. Wishart has entered but has said staying is a real possibility (maybe he’s just saying that to avoid criticism or maybe it’s real). So right now we have no reason to be all negative. If those guys start actually leaving then yes by all means negativity will be allowed and I will be right on board with it. But for now just sit back and see what happens and think positive. I know for me personally there’s way too much negative going on in the world right now to start seeing things as negatives that aren’t there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I wouldn't rule out the freshman guard from Covington contributing next season, either.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

April 15 - May 20 is the Spring Signing Period for Hoops.

Iíd fully expect some movement on and off our roster via Portal (in AND out) AND Signing(s).

Typically, an Assistant coach thatís traveled with a successful coach through multiple stops will have carryover in how they run the day-to-day operations and general strategies in practice and on the court.

It will be interesting to review TTís last couple yearís philosophy PLUS what Coach Burg says via his Video Conference.

I too feel like a solid CG + 1-2 BIGS can make our team more dangerous come the 2020-21 season.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    What’s wrong with being optimistic just for the fun of it? Cynicism corrodes the vessel is carried in.
    i think I said I was cautiously optimistic, lighten up man. Like it or not there are still some question marks, blah, blah, blah. My optimism will sky rocket if Coach Burg gets a couple big men on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Agreed I don’t even think you have to go as far as being optimistic. Just be realistic with the facts we have now. There’s all the “if Quan comes back”...and he’s not even in the portal. The UAB guy nor McCadden are in the portal. Wishart has entered but has said staying is a real possibility (maybe he’s just saying that to avoid criticism or maybe it’s real). So right now we have no reason to be all negative. If those guys start actually leaving then yes by all means negativity will be allowed and I will be right on board with it. But for now just sit back and see what happens and think positive. I know for me personally there’s way too much negative going on in the world right now to start seeing things as negatives that aren’t there yet.
    Totally agree.

You said that CB left the roster bare..........If some of the guys don't come back, that's not on CB. We have a empty spot roster wise with our bigs, but overall any coach should be pretty happy with the talent level of our returning roster and signees.