TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Default Re: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    where are we ranked, since very few scholarship players on current 10 man roster.
    This is recruiting class not returners.....we have 3 guys coming in right now and more will be added
    Don’t worry garns we will field a team next year. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    This is recruiting class not returners.....we have 3 guys coming in right now and more will be added
    Don’t worry garns we will field a team next year. :-)
    who are the 3 guys?, were they ever written up on GS web site, like 8 months ago? Or something?. I know we will field a team, but after 3 twenty win seasons in a row I’ve become spoiled, my expectations are we are to be highly competitive, goal, SB Champion, post season play. You can thank Byington for those lofty footballish expectations.

who are the 3 guys?, were they ever written up on GS web site, like 8 months ago? Or something?. I know we will field a team, but after 3 twenty win seasons in a row I’ve become spoiled, my expectations are we are to be highly competitive, goal, SB Champion, post season play. You can thank Byington for those lofty footballish expectations.
    If you Google Georgia Southern Basketball recruiting 2020, you'll find at least 2

I'd post the link, but I can't remember what all the rules are for commits/signees so don't want to get in trouble.

247 is a helpful site

Eagle95 and myself have had the basketball recruiting commit list posted for months.

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    If you Google Georgia Southern Basketball recruiting 2020, you'll find at least 2

I'd post the link, but I can't remember what all the rules are for commits/signees so don't want to get in trouble.

247 is a helpful site
    yep I found it, a 5'10" point guard and a 6'4" shooting guard.

yep I found it, a 5'10" point guard and a 6'4" shooting guard.
    yep and the other is the UAB transfer (3 guards) I think Mark was planning on playing a 5 guard lineup next season. lol
    Brian will bring in a couple of Juco or transfer bigs to get us by. If Quan and Calvin stay we will have a good team, if they go then it will be a rebuild and a struggle.
    Brian really has the deck stacked against him with this shelter in place for most of the country. Hard to make a connection over the phone and with face time.
    I made it through the Gregg Polinsky and CY years so I'm not to worried.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    yep and the other is the UAB transfer (3 guards) I think Mark was planning on playing a 5 guard lineup next season. lol
    Brian will bring in a couple of Juco or transfer bigs to get us by. If Quan and Calvin stay we will have a good team, if they go then it will be a rebuild and a struggle.
    Brian really has the deck stacked against him with this shelter in place for most of the country. Hard to make a connection over the phone and with face time.
    I made it through the Gregg Polinsky and CY years so I'm not to worried.
    the 5’10” little fellow was at least being looked at, Appy showed interest, the other kid showed no other offers/interest. Are you ready for a conspiracy theory? Last years JMU HC stunk, stunk early and throughout the season(only won 2 conference games all season). What if JMU knew they were going to can the guy and the word got out to Byington the job is his? The reason I wonder about this is due to what appears lack of recruiting. Just a thought while locked down here in the Borough.

the 5’10” little fellow was at least being looked at, Appy showed interest, the other kid showed no other offers/interest. Are you ready for a conspiracy theory? Last years JMU HC stunk, stunk early and throughout the season(only won 2 conference games all season). What if JMU knew they were going to can the guy and the word got out to Byington the job is his? The reason I wonder about this is due to what appears lack of recruiting. Just a thought while locked down here in the Borough.
    Byrd was a little more than "being looked at." He was rated the 4th best PG in Georgia with reported offers to at least 15 schools. The 3 in front of him were being heavily recruited, including one of the top PG's in the nation going to Auburn. Oh, and the guy rated BELOW Byrd is going to LSU.

Smith also has a long offer sheet, including CAA, CUSA, MAC, Southern, and Sunbelt schools.

Yes, we need more size, but that doesn't mean Byington phoned it in with these guys. They will be very good players for us if they stay with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Byrd was a little more than "being looked at." He was rated the 4th best PG in Georgia with reported offers to at least 15 schools. The 3 in front of him were being heavily recruited, including one of the top PG's in the nation going to Auburn. Oh, and the guy rated BELOW Byrd is going to LSU.

Smith also has a long offer sheet, including CAA, CUSA, MAC, Southern, and Sunbelt schools.

Yes, we need more size, but that doesn't mean Byington phoned it in with these guys. They will be very good players for us if they stay with us.
    we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post

Byrd is the real deal. I beleive Mark told me he lead Georgia in scoring avg. his junior year. Said he was the fastest player he had every signed. Mark missed on his bigs in the early signing period and was planning on going the transfer/JUCO route for next years bigs. He wasn't tanking because he knew he was leaving. Also, it appears the Radford coach was JMU first choice and turned it down and then JMU offered Mark the job. Of course JMU denies that and said they interviewed Jones but didn't make him an offer