Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Coaching Search Thread

Default Re: Basketball Coaching Search Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Wow those are all bad.....
    Based off of what?

Seriously. If you have negative thoughts on certain names that are being thrown out that's fine, the point of a thread like this is to discuss potential candidates. But at least elaborate on why they are all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    looks like CB got out of time just at the right moment. Nah, AD should say, “take all the time you need what’s another 8-10 years when the 1,412 fan base has waited 28 years to go to NCAA”. I’m sure one of the questions our AD will be asking is can you bring some players with you?(since pretty much CB left the old cup board pretty bare)
    Not enjoying this version of Garns.

looks like CB got out of time just at the right moment. Nah, AD should say, “take all the time you need what’s another 8-10 years when the 1,412 fan base has waited 28 years to go to NCAA”. I’m sure one of the questions our AD will be asking is can you bring some players with you?(since pretty much CB left the old cup board pretty bare)
    CB left the program is pretty good shape. IF everyone stays we have a talented roster. The only hole we have is with the bigs. It's a "big" hole and a coach getting a late start in the transfer process is not good, but overall we aren't in terrible shape. Quan will be a preseason 1st team all conference, Mccadden is probably a 3rd team preseason guy. UAB transfer is probably the conference new comer of the year. Calvin is solid and will benefit by moving over to the shooting guard spot. We have a freshman coming in with a ton of talent. The new coach will have some good players to work with. Now if some of these guys don't return, then all bets are off and were in for a rebuilding year.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    CB left the program is pretty good shape. IF everyone stays we have a talented roster. The only hole we have is with the bigs. It's a "big" hole and a coach getting a late start in the transfer process is not good, but overall we aren't in terrible shape. Quan will be a preseason 1st team all conference, Mccadden is probably a 3rd team preseason guy. UAB transfer is probably the conference new comer of the year. Calvin is solid and will benefit by moving over to the shooting guard spot. We have a freshman coming in with a ton of talent. The new coach will have some good players to work with. Now if some of these guys don't return, then all bets are off and were in for a rebuilding year.
    im wishing our new HC will bring or get 2 honest big men, if he could do that Garns would be happy once again.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Not enjoying this version of Garns.
    for some reason the old baseball poem, “Casey at the bat” came to mind. “There is no joy in Mudville, the mighty Casey has struck out”. Lots of high expectations over past 5 seasons. Let’s hope our new HC comes in running and has that Midas touch and we will be in the running for SB title. Like a number have posted, until I see some bigs I have my concerns and that would be the same concerns even if CB had stayed.

7. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Search Thread

all I can say is CB left this place in a better way. In the high school recruiting world, GS is a more desirable school than before CB. He and his coaches treated prospects right and many more high school kids know about this school. It had a very bad recruiting name before CB. All i can say is that should help the next head coach, whom ever it goes to!

Quote Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
    all I can say is CB left this place in a better way. In the high school recruiting world, GS is a more desirable school than before CB. He and his coaches treated prospects right and many more high school kids know about this school. It had a very bad recruiting name before CB. All i can say is that should help the next head coach, whom ever it goes to!

Had a bad recruiting name? How so? The only thing CY was good at was recruiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Radford leading scorer transferring. Interesting?

im wishing our new HC will bring or get 2 honest big men, if he could do that Garns would be happy once again.
    Same here
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg