TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Coaching Search Thread

Default Re: Basketball Coaching Search Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Game On View Post
    And we have top UAB PG coming in, Zach Bryant. Anyone know if Lamar is coming back? And why Dillard didn't play this season after redshirting?
    Dillard still waiting for medical clearance. I have no idea about Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Hopefully who every we hire is stolen away by a P5 school after 3 or 4 years.
    If Jackson or the UAB transfer don't hang around it won't be because they go with CB, They probably will go to a Florida school. No way Quan's family makes the trip JMU on a regular basis.
    Good points, but it all depends on their CB love(if real strong they may go to JMU). I hope they both stay at GS, give us a fighting chance next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Who is Lamar?
    The guy who has been extremely critical of CMB doesn't even know all of the players on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    The guy who has been extremely critical of CMB doesn't even know all of the players on the team?

Everybody join in the shock together
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I have maybe watched two GS basketball games since 2003...

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Dillard still waiting for medical clearance. I have no idea about Lamar.
    Dillard is done, I don't know the exact details but he has a medical condition that will not allow him to play in the future. I hate it for him, good guy and had talent. 3 star guy.

Lamar is done at GS (non medical issues).

We just need a couple of bigs and a good coach. We need to get the coach in place ASAP so he can start recruiting our current players to stay and the bigs that are transferring. Guys are hitting the transfer portal, we need to get involved in that process before those guys pick their next team.

Back on topic.

Of the three guys mentioned in that tweet, I like Korey McCray’s resume the most. Ben Howland disciple. Stops at UCLA, LSU, Miss St, and Mercer. Georgia guy.

I also like Chad Dollar’s. It would be a total Chad move to have two guys named Chad in charge of our revenue sports. He’s coached just about everywhere. He knows the challenges of coaching at Georgia Southern first hand.

Jonas Hayes I like the least. I remember watching him play, good player but too young. I don’t want another CY.

If we’re going the assistant route I want a seasoned assistant that can take the Byington baton and run with it.

Matt Figger of Austin Peay State.

https://letsgopeay.com/sports/mens-b...tt-figger/3789
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Dillard is done, I don't know the exact details but he has a medical condition that will not allow him to play in the future. I hate it for him, good guy and had talent. 3 star guy.

Lamar is done at GS (non medical issues).

We just need a couple of bigs and a good coach. We need to get the coach in place ASAP so he can start recruiting our current players to stay and the bigs that are transferring. Guys are hitting the transfer portal, we need to get involved in that process before those guys pick their next team.
    Comment deleted.
    Last edited by Eagle22; 22nd March 2020 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Under no circumstances should anyone be posting about student-athlete medical situations w/o press releases from the school.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    Back on topic.

Of the three guys mentioned in that tweet, I like Korey McCray’s resume the most. Ben Howland disciple. Stops at UCLA, LSU, Miss St, and Mercer. Georgia guy.

I also like Chad Dollar’s. It would be a total Chad move to have two guys named Chad in charge of our revenue sports. He’s coached just about everywhere. He knows the challenges of coaching at Georgia Southern first hand.

Jonas Hayes I like the least. I remember watching him play, good player but too young. I don’t want another CY.

If we’re going the assistant route I want a seasoned assistant that can take the Byington baton and run with it.
    I doubt we get any current D1 HC's, we pay crap, play in crap arena, avg under 1500 a game. At best some 3rd level assistant or a D2 HC.