TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Byington to JMU?

Default Re: Byington to JMU?

Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    If he's offered, I'd certainly wager he is gone. He made a few comments towards the end about support of the program...doubt he has those at JMU.
    and I bet JMU will pay him more. Again, no brainer. He put together 3 twenty game winning seasons in a row(not sure if ever done at GS), I would think JMU will make the offer.

I love to read stuff into stuff on the twitter, but I recently had a thought--I've seen Andrew Wilson tweeting a lot about GS recent bball (relative) success. Didn't ever remember him being that active on twitter. My mind began to wonder if CMB really is looking elsewhere AW may be in line as successor here? Or is trying to set himself up as such? Just random thoughts from a random guy.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I love to read stuff into stuff on the twitter, but I recently had a thought--I've seen Andrew Wilson tweeting a lot about GS recent bball (relative) success. Didn't ever remember him being that active on twitter. My mind began to wonder if CMB really is looking elsewhere AW may be in line as successor here? Or is trying to set himself up as such? Just random thoughts from a random guy.
    i wouldn’t doubt CB was looking from day one, if not he’d be pretty foolish. Lots of nice jobs out there for schools that have nice arenas and care about their basketball program. In hoops, GS is a stepping stone as in football. Baseball and golf not sure I’d be interested in any other place.

4. Default Re: Byington to JMU?

So no one should be mad if he leaves..cause no one invests in our Bball program. If we actually had a fan base that wanted to see it do well and grow then we wouldn’t have to worry about this. But honestly good for CMB.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    So no one should be mad if he leaves..cause no one invests in our Bball program. If we actually had a fan base that wanted to see it do well and grow then we wouldn’t have to worry about this. But honestly good for CMB.
    My thoughts 100%, We place lip stick on a pig, JMU builds fantastic 8,500 seat arena. But, come on, join us GS basketball!. CB would be foolish not to accept position if offered.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    My thoughts 100%, We place lip stick on a pig, JMU builds fantastic 8,500 seat arena. But, come on, join us GS basketball!. CB would be foolish not to accept position if offered.
    I don’t know about foolish. That’s the one school in the VA/DC/MD area that is never is good for basketball. It’s not near any major city. A new arena itself doesn’t do anything for JMU.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

According to this article, they were paying their coach less than what Byington made.

https://www.breezejmu.org/sports/row...3876a4f2a.html

#hegone

I think this is the right move for him. People were beginning to sour on him, me included at times, and he did too much for this program to be remembered in a negative way. I’m thankful for how he changed the culture and expectations of Georgia Southern basketball.