TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76

Thread: Byington to JMU?

  1. #51

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Kincaid View Post
    there are those of us who were going to Southern when the school was making NCAA/NIT (before the NCAA field expanded to 64) appearances fairly regularly.
    that's my expectation.
    It's now, what, 28 years and counting since the last NCAA Tournament appearance?
    yep and in today’s world that means win the regular season conference title, that way we at least get automatic bid to NIT. Then hopefully win SB tournament for NCAA bid.

  2. #52

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    Have you looked at JMU’s roster. Don’t know how talented they are, but to me it looked perfect for Byington, size-wise. Only one senior this past season.
    Later this morning I’ll be checking their website. I know I got arena envy when I see that new building they will be playing in.

  3. #53

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Later this morning I’ll be checking their website. I know I got arena envy when I see that new building they will be playing in.
    Well, JMU was 2-16 last year in CAA. No where but up for CB. They shot 32% from three, 65% from foul line. He does have some bodies. Should be interesting. One thing he will do is, JMU will play defense next year and if a kid doesn't, he wont play.

  4. #54

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    The roster makeup sounds a lot like our 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 teams. Those two seasons were the most fun for two completely different reasons.

  5. #55

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    Hopefully we will get a coach who can take us to the next level....by next level, I mean being able to utilize the talent on the team to at least get us to the first round of the NCAA tournament. When was our last appearance....the year we played Syracuse? I still think that a dominating big man in the middle is one of the missing pieces of the puzzle.
    Last edited by SlickEagle; 22nd March 2020 at 09:12 AM. Reason: add narrat
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    46,293

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Kincaid View Post
    there are those of us who were going to Southern when the school was making NCAA/NIT (before the NCAA field expanded to 64) appearances fairly regularly.
    that's my expectation.
    It's now, what, 28 years and counting since the last NCAA Tournament appearance?
    We've had one successful run, all under the Kerns era. Other than that in the D1 era we haven't done much. I'll keep saying it because some think it's special, but no one cares about the Not Invited Tournament. The games don't sell out even though they are played at home courts of the higher seed. How often do you watch the NIT when we're not in it? And how often do you watch March Madness?

    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  7. #57

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    We've had one successful run, all under the Kerns era. Other than that in the D1 era we haven't done much. I'll keep saying it because some think it's special, but no one cares about the Not Invited Tournament. The games don't sell out even though they are played at home courts of the higher seed. How often do you watch the NIT when we're not in it? And how often do you watch March Madness?

    I watch the NIT. Of course I'm a basketball fan more than football. CB was first coach EVER at GS to win 20 games three years in a row. We are not close to being a "basketball school". The problem is is like you said, "no one cares". If GS REALLY cared about building a basketball program there would be a new Arena vs Hanner dump, big increase in HC salary. That isn't going to happen here, so best case, hire next coach who gets us to(baby steps) SB Regular season champs(and yes a trip to a legit post season, NIT. Then win SB Tourney and go to NCAA's. The coach who can do this say over 6-8 year run will then be hired away to school who supports basketball. We will then sit back for next 28 years singing this HC's praises, saying "remember so and so, got us to NIT's and NCAA's twice in 8 years...." And of course we'll still be playing in Hanner.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,224

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Quan did not graduate. His mother posted on Facebook they are in a wait an see approach with the unknown future.

    Are you referencing actually graduating or running out of eligibility? He has one year of eligibility left but he also redshirted so there is a very good chance he will graduate this semester or over the summer and could be an immediately eligible grad transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  9. #59

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Are you referencing actually graduating or running out of eligibility? He has one year of eligibility left but he also redshirted so there is a very good chance he will graduate this semester or over the summer and could be an immediately eligible grad transfer.
    yep.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Statesboro, Ga
    Posts
    1,716

    Default Re: Byington to JMU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Kincaid View Post
    there are those of us who were going to Southern when the school was making NCAA/NIT (before the NCAA field expanded to 64) appearances fairly regularly.
    that's my expectation.
    It's now, what, 28 years and counting since the last NCAA Tournament appearance?

    Must been nice...

Similar Threads

  1. Byington
    By Savannahkid in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 3rd April 2017, 11:54 AM
  2. Basketball: Mark Byington
    By eagle95 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10th August 2014, 01:43 PM
  3. Byington interview
    By GATA in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12th June 2013, 07:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •