TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 190

Thread: Will the Sun Belt be next

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah Ga
    Posts
    15,205

    Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    ACC just announced suspending all spring sports until further notice.
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

  2. Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    GS and SState suspends classes for 2 weeks
    https://www.wjcl.com/article/georgia...xVe6IEOC_Md5oU

  3. #13

    Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    NCAA cancels remaining winter and spring championships: https://t.co/qzKAS4McEI https://t.co/G6XreZx35E

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah Ga
    Posts
    15,205

    Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    with this spring sports are now over .. see you in the fall
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

  5. #15

    Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    Let the offseason begin. If we are 2-3 going into the App State game do we make a coaching change with the extra time?

    (Logs out and let’s everyone deal with fallout.)

  6. #16

    Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    This is the biggest media driven overreaction in history. Newsflash: there are many viruses, accidents, natural disasters, cancers, addictions, etc. that kill people. This particular coronavirus is killing people who are already sickly.
    I wonder why there wasn't a similar response to other recent "pandemics" '08-'16?
    Imagine the media tracking and reporting every seasonal flu infection and death. Who benefits from scaring ignorant people?
    Last edited by The_Eagles_Cliff; 12th March 2020 at 03:55 PM.

  7. #17

    Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    This is the biggest media driven overreaction in history. Newsflash: there are many viruses, accidents, natural disasters, cancers, addictions, etc. that kill people. This particular coronavirus is killing people who are already sickly.
    I wonder why there wasn't a similar response to other recent "pandemics" '08-'16?
    Now that this thread is inevitably going to get shut down I will give a serious response. The virus doesn’t show symptoms for two weeks but is still contagious. So while people are going to live life as normal they are passing on the germs. We truly don’t know how many people actually have this. While the death rate is only around 3%, that 3% is high if one of them is somebody you love. While driving cars, natural disasters and such are calculated risks we have to take, this isn’t. I would also be curious how many viruses in the last 50 years that have no vaccine have traveled from a city in China to small towns in the United States that don’t have a single citizen who has been to China since the virus started spreading. This is just different.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Now that this thread is inevitably going to get shut down I will give a serious response. The virus doesn’t show symptoms for two weeks but is still contagious. So while people are going to live life as normal they are passing on the germs. We truly don’t know how many people actually have this. While the death rate is only around 3%, that 3% is high if one of them is somebody you love. While driving cars, natural disasters and such are calculated risks we have to take, this isn’t. I would also be curious how many viruses in the last 50 years that have no vaccine have traveled from a city in China to small towns in the United States that don’t have a single citizen who has been to China since the virus started spreading. This is just different.
    It's not different. Avian flu, SARS, MERS, Ebola, swine flu, HIV, HEP B and C, are just recent examples. There has never been this kind of hysteria. Young people are already terrified of the oceans boiling away. Beam me up Scotty!

  9. #19

    Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    It's not different. Avian flu, SARS, MERS, Ebola, swine flu, HIV, HEP B and C, are just recent examples. There has never been this kind of hysteria. Young people are already terrified of the oceans boiling away. Beam me up Scotty!
    Ebola? There were 12 total cases of Ebola in the United States. It’s also not contagious until somebody begins to show symptoms. HIV is only spread through unprotected sex and exchange of blood (not saying this is anybody’s fault but much harder to get than chewing nails after getting germs on your hands). These things aren’t the same thing.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Now that this thread is inevitably going to get shut down I will give a serious response. The virus doesn’t show symptoms for two weeks but is still contagious. So while people are going to live life as normal they are passing on the germs. We truly don’t know how many people actually have this. While the death rate is only around 3%, that 3% is high if one of them is somebody you love. While driving cars, natural disasters and such are calculated risks we have to take, this isn’t. I would also be curious how many viruses in the last 50 years that have no vaccine have traveled from a city in China to small towns in the United States that don’t have a single citizen who has been to China since the virus started spreading. This is just different.
    That 3% is of confirmed cases.

    On the Princess Cruise Ship, I believe less than 1% of the people on board died.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

Similar Threads

  1. SUN BELT OOC
    By JDC325 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13th August 2018, 02:04 PM
  2. Da Sun Belt
    By Walt Mitty in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 4th January 2018, 04:59 PM
  3. Sun Belt
    By GSUALLDAY25 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 6th October 2014, 12:21 PM
  4. Welcome to the Sun Belt....
    By Pike51 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 17th September 2014, 03:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •