TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Sun Belt be next

Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

ACC just announced suspending all spring sports until further notice.
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

2. Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

GS and SState suspends classes for 2 weeks
    https://www.wjcl.com/article/georgia...xVe6IEOC_Md5oU

NCAA cancels remaining winter and spring championships: https://t.co/qzKAS4McEI https://t.co/G6XreZx35E

with this spring sports are now over .. see you in the fall
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

Let the offseason begin. If we are 2-3 going into the App State game do we make a coaching change with the extra time?

(Logs out and let’s everyone deal with fallout.)

This is the biggest media driven overreaction in history. Newsflash: there are many viruses, accidents, natural disasters, cancers, addictions, etc. that kill people. This particular coronavirus is killing people who are already sickly.
    I wonder why there wasn't a similar response to other recent "pandemics" '08-'16?
    Imagine the media tracking and reporting every seasonal flu infection and death. Who benefits from scaring ignorant people?
    Last edited by The_Eagles_Cliff; 12th March 2020 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    This is the biggest media driven overreaction in history. Newsflash: there are many viruses, accidents, natural disasters, cancers, addictions, etc. that kill people. This particular coronavirus is killing people who are already sickly.
    I wonder why there wasn't a similar response to other recent "pandemics" '08-'16?
    Now that this thread is inevitably going to get shut down I will give a serious response. The virus doesn’t show symptoms for two weeks but is still contagious. So while people are going to live life as normal they are passing on the germs. We truly don’t know how many people actually have this. While the death rate is only around 3%, that 3% is high if one of them is somebody you love. While driving cars, natural disasters and such are calculated risks we have to take, this isn’t. I would also be curious how many viruses in the last 50 years that have no vaccine have traveled from a city in China to small towns in the United States that don’t have a single citizen who has been to China since the virus started spreading. This is just different.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Now that this thread is inevitably going to get shut down I will give a serious response. The virus doesn’t show symptoms for two weeks but is still contagious. So while people are going to live life as normal they are passing on the germs. We truly don’t know how many people actually have this. While the death rate is only around 3%, that 3% is high if one of them is somebody you love. While driving cars, natural disasters and such are calculated risks we have to take, this isn’t. I would also be curious how many viruses in the last 50 years that have no vaccine have traveled from a city in China to small towns in the United States that don’t have a single citizen who has been to China since the virus started spreading. This is just different.
    It's not different. Avian flu, SARS, MERS, Ebola, swine flu, HIV, HEP B and C, are just recent examples. There has never been this kind of hysteria. Young people are already terrified of the oceans boiling away. Beam me up Scotty!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    It's not different. Avian flu, SARS, MERS, Ebola, swine flu, HIV, HEP B and C, are just recent examples. There has never been this kind of hysteria. Young people are already terrified of the oceans boiling away. Beam me up Scotty!
    Ebola? There were 12 total cases of Ebola in the United States. It’s also not contagious until somebody begins to show symptoms. HIV is only spread through unprotected sex and exchange of blood (not saying this is anybody’s fault but much harder to get than chewing nails after getting germs on your hands). These things aren’t the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    That 3% is of confirmed cases.

On the Princess Cruise Ship, I believe less than 1% of the people on board died.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.