TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Sun Belt be next

Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    More and more things will open up over the 18 months, but sports will remain closed
    At this point, you're just trolling.

I believe everything I'm saying. I'd love nothing more than to be wrong. But I think I'm looking at this realistically. I'll be interested to see how things go with baseball in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.

I don't think they'll approve mass gatherings until there's a vaccine. So, for that we're looking at well into 2021 or maybe even 2022. Now, that doesn't mean they won't play crowdless, but still. The Japanese baseball league is currently playing fanless, which is insane to me, considering they have it bad there and everything about their country suggests this should absolutely wreck them (crowded cities, old population, cult-like work culture, etc)
    Just read an article that Japan is looking to open schools back up in certain areas. It looks they are on the downward trend of new infections.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

I believe everything I'm saying. I'd love nothing more than to be wrong. But I think I'm looking at this realistically. I'll be interested to see how things go with baseball in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
    Are you the "I have a cousin who works at the CDC," guy? Cause if so, come out and say it. At least give your broad pronouncements (that I know you and all of us hope don't come to pass) a stronger air of credibility.

I don't have a cousin who works at the CDC, but I did read the fill Imperial College London report and understand the nature of coronaviruses: Quickly evolving and difficult to vaccinate against. And this thing is contagious enough that you can never be sure you've got it under control. It's here to stay for the next 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Are you the "I have a cousin who works at the CDC," guy? Cause if so, come out and say it. At least give your broad pronouncements (that I know you and all of us hope don't come to pass) a stronger air of credibility.
    No that was me, and not my cousin, she's my cousin's sister in law via marriage.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I don't have a cousin who works at the CDC, but I did read the fill Imperial College London report and understand the nature of coronaviruses: Quickly evolving and difficult to vaccinate against. And this thing is contagious enough that you can never be sure you've got it under control. It's here to stay for the next 18 months.
    So...medical background?
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    So...medical background?
    Dis gon b gud
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

I don't have a medical background, although my degree from GS *is* in biology, I get that doesn't make me the authority. But I'm basing what I say here solely off of the words and studies of people who are the authority.

You take a virology class?

epidemiology?

Biostatistics?
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.