TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Sun Belt be next

Default Re: Will the Sun Belt be next

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    If no measures were taken, 40-80% of the population of the US would contract the virus this year, according to expert models. The CDC puts the *actual* case fatality rate at about 1%. Let's go to the low end. That means 130,880,000 Americans will get the virus. What's 1% of that? 1,308,800 people. One million fatalities. About the same number of all people who have ever died fighting for the US in a war in history. And that's before you account for the overwhelming of the health care system. If you have, say, 20 ventilators and 100 critically ill patients, basically 80 people will die who would not have if they had access to medical care. So, that 1% rate can rise into the 3-4% range nationally. What's 4% of the 130,880,000? 5,235,200 deaths. That's about the same as the entire population of South Carolina. It's a bigger population than over half the states.

Essentially, if we took no measures whatsoever to stop this thing, about 80% of people would get it and you'd quite possibly be looking at deaths in the eight figures and a CFR as high as 7-8%.

The idea behind what we're doing now is to keep the amount of sick people under the maximum amount that the healthcare system can handle. This keeps the overall fatality rate as low as possible. If the healthcare system gets overwhelmed, the fatality rate skyrockets. This is not a flu bug. This isn't something anyone alive has a built up immunity to. It's not going to go away any time soon, and if **** hits the fan here like it has in Italy, come September, football will be the last thing anyone is thinking about.
    Run those numbers. Just with $1 trillion spent we're talking roughly $1 million per person of the 1.3 million and there's no guarantee they won't die anyway if 80% have contracted the virus by September instead of April. This is probably going to cost 4-5 Trillion by the time economic damage is factored in. It just doesn't make sense to disrupt the economy and infringe on freedoms at this level for the sake of less than 1/2 % of the total population.
    50-70 thousand per year are dying from overdose. Can we spend $1-4 million per addict to save them? Especially given the fact that doctors, forced by joint commission, are responsible for re-introducing opiates and consequently heroin and fentanyl?
    I actually have confidence in human ingenuity to find a way to fight this latest biological threat in our 300,000 year history as a species. It's also why I'm not concerned about modern doomsday scenarios of climate change and global catastrophes.
    Fear is a power tool to manipulate the masses. I believe the responses of various governments are made in good faith and the media is doing what they do. I also believe rational thinking and reason are in short supply everywhere.

This whole thing has legit nothing to do with "the media." I'm not sure what has to happen for people to get that. Talk to your doctor and ask him or her if this is an overreaction. Better yet, talk to an epidemiologist or anyone at the CDC and ask them that. They'll tell you that the US isn't doing *enough*, not that they're doing too much. Nationwide lockdowns aren't in place in numerous nations because of the media. Borders aren't closed because of the media. Sports, concerts, conventions, etc are not closed indefinitely because of the media. They're closed at the recommendation of the world's leading infectious disease researchers. People who are smarter than you or I.

This whole thing has legit nothing to do with "the media." I'm not sure what has to happen for people to get that. Talk to your doctor and ask him or her if this is an overreaction. Better yet, talk to an epidemiologist or anyone at the CDC and ask them that. They'll tell you that the US isn't doing *enough*, not that they're doing too much. Nationwide lockdowns aren't in place in numerous nations because of the media. Borders aren't closed because of the media. Sports, concerts, conventions, etc are not closed indefinitely because of the media. They're closed at the recommendation of the world's leading infectious disease researchers. People who are smarter than you or I.
    It has been everything to do with the media to these Trump lovers. That is all it is. Their supreme “yankee” leader is always right. Three weeks ago he was crying about a democratic hoax, now one of the dumbest humans alive, Hannity, is trying to sue for slander when he’s dead to rights. Wild times.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    It has been everything to do with the media to these Trump lovers. That is all it is. Their supreme “yankee” leader is always right. Three weeks ago he was crying about a democratic hoax, now one of the dumbest humans alive, Hannity, is trying to sue for slander when he’s dead to rights. Wild times.
    Adam, you pencil neck, is that you?

I have very very strong doubts, but if there is, there will be no fans in attendance. Which for most CFB programs would make it not worth playing and you might see them decide to sit out.
    Nope, there will be fans and everything. Then you can be like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Trump never said the disease was a hoax. He said that the Dems blaming it on him was a hoax. Watch the whole footage and not the CNN and dmc sound bites. If he thought it was a hoax, then why would he have already issued travel bans to and from infected areas? Those two things don't add up.

Trump may not be my favorite person as an individual. But I know that I'm sure glad that the party that took months to respond to the swine epidemic wasn't in control over the last two months. Some potential leaders are more worried about hurting people's feelings or being labeled a racist to act quickly to do what is best for the safety of our citizens. The quick actions by this administration have given us or best chance to not becoming Italy in this crisis.

Now if he can just stop running on in sentences like "What I did was great, a lot of people said it was bad, but it was a great thing. In fact a lot of great people, wonderful people have said that what I did was great, that it was so great that many people can't even believe how great it was. It may have been one of the greatest things that has ever been done in the history of doing great things. So, it was a great, very Very good & great thing". GET to the point Donald!

What's funny is that you just read that "fake" quote in Trump's voice!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Nope, there will be fans and everything. Then you can be like this:

Man I hope you are right, but I'm starting to think that this won't be over by then. Even if many things are almost back to normal, I just don't know if gatherings of that many thousands of people are going to be allowed that soon.

I don't think they'll approve mass gatherings until there's a vaccine. So, for that we're looking at well into 2021 or maybe even 2022. Now, that doesn't mean they won't play crowdless, but still. The Japanese baseball league is currently playing fanless, which is insane to me, considering they have it bad there and everything about their country suggests this should absolutely wreck them (crowded cities, old population, cult-like work culture, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Man I hope you are right, but I'm starting to think that this won't be over by then. Even if many things are almost back to normal, I just don't know if gatherings of that many thousands of people are going to be allowed that soon.
    It doesn't matter whether the morbidity is over or not...the world will go on sooner rather than later because it cannot be closed down for even 6 months, let alone 18. The scope of what the fed and congress are doing to keep things from falling apart is really staggering and I don't think people really grasp that. How long can you really keep pumping money into banks and airlines to keep them from failing? We go about our business as countless thousands die from the flu and MRSA, we'll do the same with this virus.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

More and more things will open up over the 18 months, but sports will remain closed