TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor practice facility

1. Default Re: Indoor practice facility

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Makes you soft....
    Not getting to practice due to inclement weather makes you softer.

2. Default Re: Indoor practice facility

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    This is both impressive and depressing.

3. Default Re: Indoor practice facility

Yea cause I love seeing our team practice on a basketball court..does real wonders

Default Re: Indoor practice facility

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    So what does a proper one cost these days? I am talking walls and AC and all the good stuff not the half *** one done by our conference mate (USA?) with just a roof. Still around the $5M range? We don't need to compete with the P5 facilities but the top tier of the G5's.
    I don't know about logistics of one but why would a USA-style one not work? Lightning makes it so you can't use that I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    I feel like football construction efforts were focused over the past few years as more enhancing the game day stadium experience (Bishop building replacing Lupton, mid deck, FOC) than an IPF. Now that the stadium seems to be more or less set in terms of major renovations, I'd imagine this is the next push.
    Have you visited the other schools in the conference? We are getting smoked, quickly, by other stadiums with their renovations. You can't even hear the sound where we sit at Paulson, but schools like ULL, stAte, TXST, and Troy have massive sounding speakers. Visit those stadiums (and now App)... we will be quickly left in the dust if we don't start working on new stadium projects. We need a video screen much larger than what we have now, a ribbon board on the home side, etc. Not actual seating upgrades but we need a lot of these enhancements to make the experience better. More vendors in the stadium, that sort of thing. At our conference road games last season I was greatly surprised how nice some of these Sun Belt stadiums have become since the last time I had visited them. Eventually we need to get the grass hills out but we aren't drawing enough of a crowd for that yet. Right now we are leagues ahead of Coastal, ULM, GAST, and USA (but new stadium is incoming right now). About to be passed substantially by App. We need to get ideas and projects rolling to enhance the stadium.

IPF is needed ASAP as well.

5. Default Re: Indoor practice facility

Find donors then....

6. Default Re: Indoor practice facility

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Would you sign over your house to me if I make sure the lawn gets mowed?
    How is that scenario relevant? Is the team going to be living in this dwelling for 30 years or just practicing a sport in it occasionally?

Just throwing this out there. If you want to practice bad enough you’ll find a space. Is there no facility warehouse in the area that couldn’t be temporarily converted if needed. Take the dang chairs out of the conference center.
    Last edited by EaglesFlyFBS; 5th March 2020 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Just throwing this out there. If you want to practice bad enough you’ll find a space. Is there no facility warehouse in the area that couldn’t be temporarily converted if needed. Take the dang chairs out of the conference center.
    They did find a place yesterday, The RAC.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

9. Default Re: Indoor practice facility

My 2c (and it's a stretch, prob years away) - Soccer stadium should move to Fair Rd where the existing practice fields are (and former site of Eagle Soccer) - Track as well. Build them a new facility, they (student athletes) deserve it and would give more conference appeal and help the Tormenta. Would also be closer to the other stadiums of various sports on campus.

Then...Remove the Track and adjust that site to have natural surface (with existing lights) and put Indoor facility in corner where the grounds/maintenance facility is, or modify the Freedom's landing parking lot/corner of paulson lot to fit a new indoor facility. It's a stretch and would require some imagination, but would be best for our Department. That is what got us to where we are today.

10. Default Re: Indoor practice facility

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    That’s a fun temporary solution, but at some point recruiting needs to be a concern. If other SB programs are showing recruits a legitimate IPF it’s not a good look if we are showing them our ability clear all the tables and chairs out of a cafeteria to practice on rainy days.