TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB - GS vs Ark St (Hanner Fieldhouse / 7PM)

1. Default Re: MBB - GS vs Ark St (Hanner Fieldhouse / 7PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    It was more a foul than the one they gifted an out of control McCadden.
    +1

Yep. Never should have come down to that foul call. And StAte was smart to commit that one foul before we even in-bounded the ball (the missed Wishart FT). Byington out coached by a guy that won 7 SB games all year.

Default Re: MBB - GS vs Ark St (Hanner Fieldhouse / 7PM)

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

Yep. Never should have come down to that foul call. And StAte was smart to commit that one foul before we even in-bounded the ball (the missed Wishart FT). Byington out coached by a guy that won 7 SB games all year.
    are you saying we struggle at the foul line?(smile/not really)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    It was more a foul than the one they gifted an out of control McCadden.
    I thought so too... both bad calls at that point in the game. I thought quan was fouled before that driving the ball but no call and it was a turnover. For as hard as Crawley has played down the stretch and how he has been a leader.... he canít let himself get in that spot.

You wonít catch me gettin on here and poor mouthing officiating very often.... maybe discuss a single blown call, but I donít believe refs cost teams victories. And thatís the case here too. However, I will say that during the second half when theyíre shooting double bonus and have only committed three fouls, Thatís a problem that quality crews do not let spring up. That kept us from really pushing the lead more so than we did. But at the end of the day, itís our loss... letís own it and get ready for the tournament.

Hail southern

4. Default Re: MBB - GS vs Ark St (Hanner Fieldhouse / 7PM)

Itís sad that I can predict how this team will do even before we get into conference play. We definitely will not be winning the SB tournament and god I hope we donít pay to play in a fake post season tournament again

CB or any of your staff is reading this tonight, its games like this(and a number of others this season), that has Eagle Nation wondering if your the guy to take us ever to the post season. CB, you have won a lot of games here, to the point, that our expectations for basketball are now the same that we have for football!, Welcome to GS, WIN.

6. Default Re: MBB - GS vs Ark St (Hanner Fieldhouse / 7PM)

This year we just can t finish games. While I m not quick to call for a coaching change I have to admit I am really starting to wonder if it is time for a change. So many times in the Byington tenure we lose the key games. Maybe it is just frustration but my goodness can t we go to the NCAAs sometime?8

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +10000. No reason to try, as CB said after the game, "to make a play". THERE WAS NO PLAY TO BE MADE, just keep the guy in front of you!. Got a SR chucking up wild shots, terrible passing/turnovers. 7 point lead with under 2 min., 1 point lead with 1.9 sec. We drop to #5, IF we win Monday, we go back up to GagSt. who has a bye. You know we play great, get a 10 point lead then revert back to STREET BALL, imo a real good HC doesn't allow street ball from happening. Cant wait to see the stat line.
    Like....Byington WANTED them to try and make a play?

With 1.9 seconds left?

Holy hell I know jack about basketball and I know that's a terrible decision.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Like....Byington WANTED them to try and make a play?

With 1.9 seconds left?

Holy hell I know jack about basketball and I know that's a terrible decision.
    plus one, no fouls, no fouls, no fouls. basic simple basketball in that situation, no fouls. one learns that in peewee basketball. just keep your man in front of you showing token defense. no fouls. byington was protecting his kid by saying that. he cant come out and say, my kid made a bonehead mistake. of course bobby knight might have mentioned bonehead in his post game comments(smile).

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    plus one, no fouls, no fouls, no fouls. basic simple basketball in that situation, no fouls. one learns that in peewee basketball. just keep your man in front of you showing token defense. no fouls. byington was protecting his kid by saying that. he cant come out and say, my kid made a bonehead mistake. of course bobby knight might have mentioned bonehead in his post game comments(smile).
    Based on what has proven to be a complete inability to manage the end of games, I would not be shocked with it being a Byington decision to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    This year we just can t finish games. While I m not quick to call for a coaching change I have to admit I am really starting to wonder if it is time for a change. So many times in the Byington tenure we lose the key games. Maybe it is just frustration but my goodness can t we go to the NCAAs sometime?8
    like I posted CB has won consistently enough that our expectations for GS basketball now rivals our football program, finishing 3-5 doesn't cut it anymore.