TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Search

Default Re: AD Search

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, I like the fact he was a CFO, we need, money money money. Probably time to have fairly large increases in ticket prices and donation scales.
    garns, I'd argue we get the most out of the money we do have in athletics. We stretch every dollar about as far as we can. We need more dollars, though. We need a finder and not a minder as AD, a salesman and not an accountant, and even though Benko could do fine, I don't see a track record that shows that. Contrast that with Doug Gillin who coming into App State was a senior VP at a sports marketing company and was involved in a successful capital campaign when Mizzou was transitioning to the SEC.

And I don't understand this idea that whenever we make a major hire in the athletics department that we have to be all sunshine and rainbows about it all. Some people are going to have reservations about hires, some of them are dumb, some of them are legitimate, either way they can be discussed without the "how dare anyone not love this hire". What's funny is that even though I'm saying all this when we still aren't getting P5 H&Hs in the coming years I'll be one of the ones taking up for Benko while others are wondering why every AD we have happens to be the worst scheduler ever.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Isn't pretty much our P5 OOC schedule booked up for the next 7-8 years?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    show us on the doll where the bad man hurt you........

You're right, it is a JOB. But it doesn't matter where he went to school. His JOB is to make this the best program that he can while he is here. Whether that is two years or 20 years. His JOB is to make us better, and in turn he will make himself better. Just because he went to school in Athens doesn't diminish that fact. He's not going to do a bad job here just because he went to uga so he can spite us. He wouldn't be doing a better job at some other school that was not a "third class citizen" to uga as you put it. How about we let the guy actually get to Statesboro and move into his new office before we slam him and run him off?!?
    You don't read well. I said, "he'll do a good job".

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    You don't read well. I said, "he'll do a good job".
    I read just fine, thank you. You also said "but GS is a third class citizen to a double dawg" Where he went to school is irrelevant.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, I like the fact he was a CFO, we need, money money money. Probably time to have fairly large increases in ticket prices and donation scales.
    I disagree with this. New donors need to be found instead of nickle and diming those who already give.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

6. Default Re: AD Search

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Isn't pretty much our P5 OOC schedule booked up for the next 7-8 years?
    Only through 2024.

2020 - @ Ole Miss
    2021 - @ Arkansas
    2022 - @ Nebraska
    2023 - @ Wisconsin
    2024 - @ Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    garns, I'd argue we get the most out of the money we do have in athletics. We stretch every dollar about as far as we can.
    Is this perspective from the outside looking in?

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I disagree with this. New donors need to be found instead of nickle and diming those who already give.
    Gotta agree with you. Rarely is that method successful when supply dwarfs demand.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I like that his main job at MSU was a CFO. Our number one priority is fundraising and having a guy who’s a pro with money is a great boon for us. He’s from Georgia and has experience with UGA, the Braves, and the Falcons which means he likely has local connections and friends in high places that TK could only dream of. If Benko sets the bar for us as high as it was for him at his SEC jobs and works to get us as close to that bar as possible, the sky is the limit for where we’ll be when he leaves.

I agree !
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post

I agree. We need to get new donors on board......why are we not getting any love from the Chick-fil-lays; Zaxbys; Luke Bryan Georgia Southern connections?
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg