TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You got to be kidding

Default Re: You got to be kidding

Two reasons. It's on the deuce, and no NFL or P5's to compete with on a Wednesday night. I din't realize it was so many viewer either.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I wish we would keep it around Halloween. There are about 5 different days to work with to get it on Halloween.

NM
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Pretty sure we played them quite a bit. Almost certain between both teams it was like 20 something straight wins for the home team in the series. For many years even it was an OOC we did Atlanta alumni nights.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: You got to be kidding

Wednesday night is no fun, but as a program that is still relatively new to the SB it’s pretty awesome that we are half of the best football rivalry in the conference and half of the best basketball rivalry. If we continue to beat CCU in baseball, we may develop the best baseball rivalry, too. We are arguably more important to the SBC than they are to us right now... it would just be nice to win something.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsoringeagle View Post
    Once again we will play App. St. on a week night, Wednesday, Oct.14. Guess I won’t make this game again this year. If you want to watch get a fire stick or Roku. Not everyone can turn lose in the middle or the week to be there and it sure does mess up a tailgate especially for those that have to work the next day. Why do we have to schedule a weeknight game.
    cuz that is when the John wants us to turn the trick...….

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I wish we would keep it around Halloween. There are about 5 different days to work with to get it on Halloween.
    I agree. If Sun Belt insists on making it the Marquee matchup of the season, we should at least be able to work with App to brand it.

A ven diagram would show a large overlap of people who hate mid week games and people that wished we were still FCS I bet.

If we have 2million viewers, you think it will help us push season ticket sales? Help recruiting? We’ve been in prime time on numerous occasions last several years and I don’t see any big time move in recruiting. Any enrollment growth from those prime spot games? No, it’s actually declined. It’s only to get a little piece of the pie from the Belt tv contract and it is absolutely destroying our fan base growth. We would have a sellout on a Saturday. Play it on Wednesday and we will have 14K tops and that’s being generous with good weather and if students finally start going to games like they did three years ago. Time to rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    If we have 2million viewers, you think it will help us push season ticket sales? Help recruiting? We’ve been in prime time on numerous occasions last several years and I don’t see any big time move in recruiting. Any enrollment growth from those prime spot games? No, it’s actually declined. It’s only to get a little piece of the pie from the Belt tv contract and it is absolutely destroying our fan base growth. We would have a sellout on a Saturday. Play it on Wednesday and we will have 14K tops and that’s being generous with good weather and if students finally start going to games like they did three years ago. Time to rethink.
    And what is it that we are going to “rethink”? You think this decision is ours?