TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: You got to be kidding

Default Re: You got to be kidding

What was App’s attendance last year in a blizzard??

Reported? Actual probably just a few thousand. The weather was really nasty. I believe someone stated in the past that they count every student no matter what, since they are paying student fees to attend the game. Thought I remember Klak last year posting they actually average about 15K, even though they report 25K-30K every week.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Georgia Southern vs. App State needs to be played on the third Saturday of October every year. No compromise. The viewership on a mid week second tier ESPN network has not made a dimes worth of difference in enrollment, better recruiting classes, season ticket growth or more booster $$ in the past five years.

It has only hurt the game day experience for both fan bases and taken its toll on ticket sales. Spin it any way you like, but there would probably be about as many viewers if we were playing most any other Sun Belt team on a Wednesday - perhaps a little more now that App has left us at the station as far as success on the gridiron.
    "Enrollment has dropped since completing the new engineering building, why do we want new academic facilities?"

Your take makes no more sense than that, since there are obviously many things at play that affect enrollment (including a merger that has caused initial enrollment drops everywhere they've been). You're also ignoring that we're finally getting a game where the ratings will be at least several times what they are on ESPNU.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

People also only have so many days off a year and, at least in my case, I use a good bit of those around Christmas and Thanksgiving to go see relatives. I imagine a lot of other people do that too, not to mention other vacations throughout the year. So, to Drew's point, I can see where the decision to take 1 day or 2 days off is a bigger decision than it seems. I am lucky and live in Savannah so I will be there regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Sorry. It was implied earlier in the thread that I donít care about Georgia Southern football unless Iím able to pack up and come to Statesboro in the middle of the week.
    since it is me that you are talking about I'll respond even though another poster said it perfectly above. I never said you were a bad fan or a fake fan and I didn't even imply it. I said, if you don't want to make going to the game a priority with 7 months in advance to plan for it then that's on you. That's a YOU issue not a Wed vs Thurs issue. Many others ARE going to make it a priority and don't care what night of the week we play them. It is better for the program to be seen and hopefully beat a potentially top 25 program that is everyone's darling the last couple years on national TV, and more people will see it on ESPN2 on a Wed than will see it on ESPNU on a Thurs or on ESPN+ on a Saturday. Plain and simple. You decided that meant you were a bad fan. I never said that.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I don't get what some of you, most of whom were big supporters of going FBS, are complaining about. Did you not realize that this is what we signed up for? Y'all act like we can go to the networks and demand what day we need to be playing. The minute we signed up to go to the Sunbelt, we locked ourselves into this.

My biggest complaint from these weekday games was the short rest, but this time we have 1.5 weeks in between games. If we get off to a good start, attendance will be fine for this game.

But, but, but.... don't you no what no compromise means. We're Georgia Southern after all! (Beats chest....)
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by 229Eagle View Post
    People also only have so many days off a year and, at least in my case, I use a good bit of those around Christmas and Thanksgiving to go see relatives. I imagine a lot of other people do that too, not to mention other vacations throughout the year. So, to Drew's point, I can see where the decision to take 1 day or 2 days off is a bigger decision than it seems. I am lucky and live in Savannah so I will be there regardless.
    Its the same exact number of days, unless you are like TBD and apparently count the exact number of hours off and total them up to the number of days.

If you're close enough to work a half day on Wednesday then leave, then drive back on Thursday to return to work on Friday, then you have missed 1 1/2 days. If the game were on a Thursday under the same scenario you leave early on Thursday and take Friday off it's still the exact same 1 1/2 days off. The ONLY difference is one leads into a weekend and one doesn't.

8. Default Re: You got to be kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    cuz that is when the John wants us to turn the trick...Ö.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Itís just a mindset thing, but a Wednesday just takes the fun away from it a little bit. I also worry this becomes a thing now which makes going to Boone a little bit more difficult. If this game is on Wednesday next year it could be a pretty big hit for that area economically.
    Right. I agree. Thursday means I can stay all weekend in Boone. If it's a Wednesday I'm just driving to the game and driving straight back home afterward. Big difference, that's 4 nights stay that is not booked up and 4 days of food/activities that is not booked up.