TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You got to be kidding

1. Default You got to be kidding

Once again we will play App. St. on a week night, Wednesday, Oct.14. Guess I wonít make this game again this year. If you want to watch get a fire stick or Roku. Not everyone can turn lose in the middle or the week to be there and it sure does mess up a tailgate especially for those that have to work the next day. Why do we have to schedule a weeknight game.

Default Re: You got to be kidding

Either way (Wed or Thur) for some of us it's 2 days off. I will be there.

Let's play with numbers here.
    Saturday: 25K eyes in attendance, 10K online viewing = 35K people watching
    ESPN2 Weeknight: 10K attendance, 500K viewing = 510K

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/col...ll-tv-ratings/

App - LA 543K
    USA - Troy 448K

Several other Sun Belt games with no ratings listed.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 28th February 2020 at 01:02 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsoringeagle View Post
    Once again App. St. on a Thursday night. Guess I want make this game again this year. If you want to watch get a fire stick or Roku. Not everyone can turn lose in the middle or the week to be there and it sure does mess up a tailgate especially for those that have to work the next day. Why do we have to schedule a weeknight game.
    Not our choice. The conference, rather, ESPN decides who they put on their weekday slots

It's in the Sun Belt's best interest to play their most high-profile in-conference games on weekdays in front of national television audiences. No one is tuning in on a Thursday to watch Coastal Carolina and Texas State. This was all well-known when we moved up from FCS, that we may have to shift some games to weekdays but in return be rewarded with better national exposure.

5. Default Re: You got to be kidding

Once again we will play App. St. on a week night, Wednesday, Oct.14. Guess I won’t make this game again this year. If you want to watch get a fire stick or Roku. Not everyone can turn lose in the middle or the week to be there and it sure does mess up a tailgate especially for those that have to work the next day. Why do we have to schedule a weeknight game.
    This NOT happening was never going to be an option. The time to be upset is when it does not happen. Consider it a complement.

It would have been a surprise for it to be on Saturday.

This is one of the most heated rivalries in G5, and people are paying attention. The Sun Belt only gets guaranteed TV slots midweek, so they're going to put their best matchups then.

This is THE premiere game in the conference.

There's no way in hell it gets moved to Saturday anytime soon, so people need to adjust their expectations.

Once again we will play App. St. on a week night, Wednesday, Oct.14. Guess I won’t make this game again this year. If you want to watch get a fire stick or Roku. Not everyone can turn lose in the middle or the week to be there and it sure does mess up a tailgate especially for those that have to work the next day. Why do we have to schedule a weeknight game.

Not to pick on you but given the thread topic I think the way your user name is spelled is funny.

8. Default Re: You got to be kidding

I realize itís misspelled but it always gets me on this sight. No one has tried to steal it from me

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Either way (Wed or Thur) for some of us it's 2 days off. I will be there.

Let's play with numbers here.
    Saturday: 25K eyes in attendance, 10K online viewing = 35K people watching
    ESPN2 Weeknight: 10K attendance, 500K viewing = 510K

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/col...ll-tv-ratings/

App - LA 543K
    USA - Troy 448K

Several other Sun Belt games with no ratings listed.
    I didnít realize how well the Wednesday night games did. Our game with App was easily the most watched of the Sun Belt Thursday night games. No telling what it will do on a Wednesday. I get why they did it I just hate it. Itís just a mindset thing, but a Wednesday just takes the fun away from it a little bit. I also worry this becomes a thing now which makes going to Boone a little bit more difficult. If this game is on Wednesday next year it could be a pretty big hit for that area economically.