TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Class Act, +1000

  1. #1

    Default Class Act, +1000

    At start of ladies hoop game, Franks(one of our SR's), had a season ending knee injury about 3 games ago. Well for opening tip she's in uniform and starting. The tip goes to Appy, girl races down and gets layup. We take ball out, dribble down, Franks girl under the basket, gets pass(Appy lets it happen/by design no defense). Franks scores her last two career points. Game stopped, she's subbed for. 2-2 game tied. All was orchestrated by Coach Howard and the Appy HC. VERY COOL.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Class Act, +1000

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    At start of ladies hoop game, Franks(one of our SR's), had a season ending knee injury about 3 games ago. Well for opening tip she's in uniform and starting. The tip goes to Appy, girl races down and gets layup. We take ball out, dribble down, Franks girl under the basket, gets pass(Appy lets it happen/by design no defense). Franks scores her last two career points. Game stopped, she's subbed for. 2-2 game tied. All was orchestrated by Coach Howard and the Appy HC. VERY COOL.
    That is really cool! And a great thing to do by the App coach! Well done. Love that rivalry, based on respect.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Class Act, +1000

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    That is really cool! And a great thing to do by the App coach! Well done. Love that rivalry, based on respect.
    +1. Respect

  4. Default Re: Class Act, +1000

    Excellent!

    All the folks I know who went there are actually really solid people.

    I know we talk a lot of crap, but they are good folks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Bluffton S.C.
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Class Act, +1000

    I have a couple of friends that played football for App. They both root for Southern when we are playing teams other than App.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Class Act, +1000

    Folks would be shocked to know the extent to which these two programs work together.

  7. Default Re: Class Act, +1000

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Folks would be shocked to know the extent to which these two programs work together.
    We are very similar.

    Very similar histories and fans.

    (just the opposite of those tools from ATL. Complete trash administration. They wouldn’t know the honorable choice if it bit them in their purple *****. No respect whatsoever.)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,821

    Default Re: Class Act, +1000

    I love stories like that. It reminds you that it's just sports and just entertainment. It's not the end of the world. We get so caught up in winning sometimes that we forget the human side of it. ESPN has been putting a lot of videos like this up on their social media lately of student managers that get in and get to play on senior night even though they haven't played at all. Or players that have a disability that get in and the other team helps them out or lets them score and then celebrates with them.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  9. #9

    Default Re: Class Act, +1000

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I love stories like that. It reminds you that it's just sports and just entertainment. It's not the end of the world. We get so caught up in winning sometimes that we forget the human side of it. ESPN has been putting a lot of videos like this up on their social media lately of student managers that get in and get to play on senior night even though they haven't played at all. Or players that have a disability that get in and the other team helps them out or lets them score and then celebrates with them.
    well, yes its nice BUT if a HC don't win, #hegone(nice guy or not).

  10. #10

    Default Re: Class Act, +1000

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    well, yes its nice BUT if a HC don't win, #hegone(nice guy or not).
    Yep. It’s a cold reality.

Similar Threads

  1. $1000
    By donk1100 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th November 2016, 08:42 PM
  2. 2011 class better than 2010 class?-Basketball
    By BossDev/Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14th October 2010, 07:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •