TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball vs. Ga Tech

1. Default Re: Baseball vs. Ga Tech

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    Another year.. Same Rodney.
    Sadly, yes. We’ll be eliminated from an at-large in 2-3 weeks, eliminated from winning the conference in 2-3 months and throw all of our eggs in the SB tournament basket and come up short. All I can do is try to enjoy the ride and hope we get lots of draft picks.

2. Default Re: Baseball vs. Ga Tech

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Tech and Danny Hall has our number. Our team just can’t get it done against them. McWhorter and Searcy failed to get runners in from 3rd with less than 2 outs. Tough loss. Harris attitude to end 8th would have been enough for me to pull him. Top 8th is not the time to state the other team down.
    Is that why the field ump was warning him? Or was that different altogether?

Default Re: Baseball vs. Ga Tech

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Tech and Danny Hall has our number.
    31-102 overall record vs Tech and started playing them every year in 1984. I know Hall's been there a while but it appears they've own this series all time.

Page 49.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...edia_Guide.pdf
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I don't care to go back and research it but there have certainly been a few of these last 11 games vs. Tech where we proverbially "gave it away".

Tonight, yet another instance of it.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    Which part?
    All of it... tonight episode is a tired rerun of the same thing.

Sure.. I might come off as hyperbolic but my frustration is more geared towards athletics in general that I've had since 2015.

I'm just unhappy with the fact that we are satisfied with being "ok" in Athletics. Sure, we'll beat some scrubs in a season but won't come home with any hardware. With Mark/Rodney, games like this just seem to be our ceiling and they never break through. When opportunity comes knocking, we are just unable to take it. We've just come to accept that in these 2 sports. Even Chad choked consecutive conference leads in football to lesser opponents.

I'm not sure where this "anti-clutch" culture came from but its really fatiguing.

I tell you what I'm tired of. People that talk trash, especially ones that don't back it up. Play the game and keep your mouth shut. Or else you look like a colossal fool when you fold like a cheap suit. That goes for this entire program.

7. Default Re: Baseball vs. Ga Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I don't care to go back and research it but there have certainly been a few of these last 11 games vs. Tech where we proverbially "gave it away".

Tonight, yet another instance of it.
    I know last years game was a tough one, IIRC, we stranded the tying run on second in the 9th inning of a 1-run loss.

I can't recall right off hand but it was either 2015 or 2016 we were leading 3-2 needing 3 outs, or something like that and they tied the game up in the top of the 9th, then scored a couple of runs in the 15th or 17th inning (something crazy) and we scored a couple at home in the bottom of the inning, yet lost by one.

It really defies logic.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

This one was tough to watch. We did everything right for most of the game. Got ahead 2-1. Got a clutch 2-out hit to go up 3-1. Got out of a jam to keep the lead late in the game.

And then things went sideways.

Harris has all the talent in the world and every reason to be the closer, but the guy needs to find another gear. Every time a situation gets really big, he loses the strike zone. Sure, he should have had less to deal with if fog doesn't cause us to lose the second out of the 9th in the sky, but that's no excuse for walking the leadoff batter on four straight and working behind to just about everyone else. I'm not trying to single out one pitcher, but the fact is that he seems to have Hennon's confidence in go-to situations, but he continues to come up short. Jones needs to get the next save opportunity.

As for other factors in the game, I have to have some sympathy for Harris. GT was riding him from the second he got into the game. That's just baseball as far as I'm concerned. But why does Harris get a full 30 second press conference with two different umpires when he gets a strikeout and says something of his own? It never ceases to amaze me that umps' names never make it onto your gameday ticket despite the fact that so many are so sure that we're there to see them point and yell.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    All of it... tonight episode is a tired rerun of the same thing.

Sure.. I might come off as hyperbolic but my frustration is more geared towards athletics in general that I've had since 2015.

I'm just unhappy with the fact that we are satisfied with being "ok" in Athletics. Sure, we'll beat some scrubs in a season but won't come home with any hardware. With Mark/Rodney, games like this just seem to be our ceiling and they never break through. When opportunity comes knocking, we are just unable to take it. We've just come to accept that in these 2 sports. Even Chad choked consecutive conference leads in football to lesser opponents.

I'm not sure where this "anti-clutch" culture came from but its really fatiguing.
    I was curious how Rodney taught outfielders to lose balls in the fog.