TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MBB - Eagles vs Chants (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Chants (Hanner Fieldhouse)

I'd love Nesbitt on this years team.

Liked both players. But, would take Julius Jenkins over both. Ultra athletic big guard that played defense

Glad we got the win but this team has so much talent and it’s just frustrating to watch at times. No fundamentals in rebounding and just one offensive rebound in first half. We should have blown them out. Lack of concentration at foul line - that’s where you separate gamers with just average players. Concentrate and make them, especially front end. I like the energy Wishart plays with but I’d he can’t shoot 80% at the line, what in the world is going on for a gym rat? This all comes down to coaching - I really like Coach By but if he will ever make it to the Dance depends on coaching on the floor and basic fundamentals.

We have watched the same old same old for many years and nothing has changed. Got talent but it’s a freak show at times. GATA.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Glad we got the win but this team has so much talent and it’s just frustrating to watch at times. No fundamentals in rebounding and just one offensive rebound in first half. We should have blown them out. Lack of concentration at foul line - that’s where you separate gamers with just average players. Concentrate and make them, especially front end. I like the energy Wishart plays with but I’d he can’t shoot 80% at the line, what in the world is going on for a gym rat? This all comes down to coaching - I really like Coach By but if he will ever make it to the Dance depends on coaching on the floor and basic fundamentals.

We have watched the same old same old for many years and nothing has changed. Got talent but it’s a freak show at times. GATA.
    This is when a coach who “truly” wants to be great has to take responsibility for the team’s shortcomings and reinvent and refine his/her schemes or strategies and search HIGH and low for ways to “turn the corner”.

CMB has to ascend to a higher level before our program can do so. The proverbial “ball” is in his court!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Liked both players. But, would take Julius Jenkins over both. Ultra athletic big guard that played defense
    Tookie and JJ are my 2 favorite Eagles. Thinking back, JJ wasn't that big.(but he was so smooth, nothing raddled him). Now Nesbitt played with a tall guard, I think his first name was Terry, he could play defense and was a great partner to Nesbitt.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Nesbitt had a HC that allowed it. Tookie was tempered by his HC. For the most part didn't Nesbit play a #2?. I still take Tookie over Nesbitt.
    I don't believe CB tempered Tookie. That's his biggest weakness as a head coach not tempering players.

Elton, Tookie, and JJ were all great players, but Elton would be my first pick every time. That guy was a warrior, hated to lose. Played with more fire/heart/passion than the other two. He also was very good on the defensive side of the ball. JJ was so smooth he made it look easy. Tookie was Tookie, just didn't play with passion/fire all the time but still a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Elton, Tookie, and JJ were all great players, but Elton would be my first pick every time. That guy was a warrior, hated to lose. Played with more fire/heart/passion than the other two. He also was very good on the defensive side of the ball. JJ was so smooth he made it look easy. Tookie was Tookie, just didn't play with passion/fire all the time but still a great player.
    The 2003-05 teams looked like a hockey team from the 80s. Terry and Elton were superstars racking up points all over the place. They could roam free and play loose because Francois and Bennett were roughing people up down low and getting rebounds. Add in a few more guards grinding it out on defense and it made for a very tough team to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Tookie and JJ are my 2 favorite Eagles. Thinking back, JJ wasn't that big.(but he was so smooth, nothing raddled him). Now Nesbitt played with a tall guard, I think his first name was Terry, he could play defense and was a great partner to Nesbitt.
    Terry Williams. He was a hard worker who always had a smile on his face. Seemed to really enjoy the game.

10. Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Chants (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I don't believe CB tempered Tookie. That's his biggest weakness as a head coach not tempering players.
    +1

I can’t image that Byington would temper the one player that could have won some hardware, but not this team. Or so I hope.